Mom has got to do what mom’s got to do in the time of COVID-19.
A mother in Kaohsiung Taipei took her 15-year-old son to a local barbershop and asked the stylist to give her son a cut that would prohibit him from going out through sheer shame. She posted what she did on Facebook, showing others the measures she took as the COVID-19 cases in Taiwan continued to climb.
Reverse bowl cut? Bald but not too bald?
A mother named Huang’s Facebook post on May 30 featured photos of her son in a barber’s chair, getting a haircut. While other places in the world featured people with hair growing white, and long due to staying away from barbershops and salons, Huang took her son for a haircut. Then proceeded to ask the stylist to to give him a cut that would make him refuse to go out or be seen.
The results are below.
More angles show that the haircut clearly went all around, and was meant to be as conventionally embarrassing as possible.
Was the hair that was left the original length? Or was there some hope to style that?
He must have been a very obedient son to sit there calmly.
Whether his mother told him of her plans beforehand or he was an unwitting victim of her scheme, reports did not say.
When the boy realized that this was what happened and saw the results, he said, “I don’t want to go out!”
Some comments from people on Facebook agreed with what the mom did.
“This parent is really ruthless, but I have to say the kid will definitely obediently stay at home.” said one commenter. In other parts of the world,
“Cutting his hair this way is much cooler and washing hair will be a lot easier.” other commenters tried to find other reasons this would be a good thing. Aside from keeping her son home, of course.
“It will be a month before he will want to go out. She should be awarded the Nobel Prize for epidemic prevention.” Should this be a legitimate strategy in keeping Singaporean youth at home?
Taiwan grapples with new outbreak
Despite being an early COVID-19 success story last year, “The nationwide level 3 COVID-19 alert is to be extended until June 14, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced yesterday, as it reported 281 locally transmitted cases, 261 backlogged cases and six deaths.” said the Taipei Times.
Classes had been suspended until June 14 all over the country as they continue to try to control the pandemic and wait for the arrival of more vaccines.