The last day of operation for The Cat Museum, at 8 Purvis Street, will be Sun 10 June. The top priority since January has been to get the last 26 cats & kittens adopted and we are down to the last 8 adults. Would you like to adopt a cat?
The cats still looking for homes are 2 black cats, a mother & son – Mama Mia & Fusilli; 2 tortoiseshell sisters – Fergie & Selena; a ginger & white, 1 year old male – Spring; a 2 year old male tabby with black mohawk – Anakin; a grey & white male tabby – Sid; and a still very shy rare female ginger, Mama Maisie.
“The public have been truly supportive but these 8 have not been so lucky. They are lovely kitties who are sociable, playful, and truly deserve a good home. We hope more adopters will come forward.” says Jessica Seet, founder.
“With our fundraising, we have a long way to go & have raised only about 7% (about $70K) of our $1,000,000 target. We hope the public understands that this will be a permanent place in Singapore for volunteers to continue the work of rescue, rehabilitation, rehoming & education and continue to support us.”
The Cat Museum has 2 upcoming fundraisers
1. CAT in a BAG – Designer bags & shoes will be collected till the end of March for a Spring Sale in April. Please drop off all donations to 8 Purvis Street or whatsapp 8218 2133 for collect of 3 or more bags.
2. The MadCatters Pawty at Working Capital on Keong Saik Road on 26 April, 7 to 11pm will be a fun night for cat lovers to come together and support the kitties! Food, drinks, a live band, auction of exclusive items & loads of prizes! Dress to impurress & don’t forget to be a Cat in A Hat! An evening of hanging out with the Cool Cats!
Early bird tickets of $60 are available at this website after which tickets are priced at $80.
The $1 million-dollar goal will go towards a permanent Kitty Orphanage, Kitten Kindergarten & Nursery, Education Programmes like Kiddie Cat Camps to nurture compassion, kindness & responsibility from a young age, Responsible Cat Parenthood programmes.
Please continue to Help The Cat Museum live on by:
1. Worldwide fans can donate in US$ : using this link.
3. Cash or cheque donations made payable to “The Cat Museum” either in person or mailed to 8 Purvis Street #02-02 Singapore 188587.
4. A bank transfer to DBS Current 033 9049 743 or OCBC 686 362 385 001.
5. Monthly donations may be made at the Patreon.
Details about Lion City Kitty – The Cat Museum, Muses & Mansion
8 Purvis Street, #02-02, Singapore 188587 (near Raffles Hotel & opposite the National Library) 8 Purvis St #02-02, Singapore 188587
Tel: 63362133 (No reservations required)
Entry Fees: CASH ONLY
13 years old & above: $15 per session
0 – 12 years old (Must be accompanied by an adult): $10 per session
Operating in 2 Hour Sessions: (You can enter at any time during a session)
Wednesdays : Session 12 to 2pm, Thursdays & Friday : Session: 4 to 6pm, Fridays : 6 to 8pm
Saturdays & Sundays
1st Session: 12 to 2pm(Chicken Treats Time), 2nd Session: 2 to 4pm, 3rd Session: 4 to 6pm & (Saturdays only : 6 to 8pm)
Nearest MRT Stations: City Hall or Bugis (5 minutes walk)
Telephone: 6336 2133 (Wheelchair access can be arranged via the back lift of the shophouse)
Founded by: Jessica Seet, former Radio Broadcaster 90.5FM & Programme Director, Class 95FM
Are you adopting? Let us know in the comments!