The year-end school holidays have started. While it definitely is a time for play, I believe in striking a balance and have Asher, my son who’s going on to P4 next year, revise and consolidate all his learnings for the school year. We want to start primary 4 with a solid primary 3 foundation.
I’ve have heard good reviews about Snapask, so I wasted no time in enlisting it to help with Asher’s revision.
Snapask is an instantaneous tutor-on-demand learning app targeted at primary, secondary, and JC students.
As its name suggests, just snap a picture of your question and ask away. A tutor will respond immediately. It’s like an instant bite-sized one-to-one tuition session, at your own pace and place.
According to its website, Snapask is now serving over 3.5 million students with more than 350,000 tutors in 9 Asian regions — Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam!
Check out Snapask being featured on Chanel 8’s Morning Express:
Asher took to using the app like a fish to water- Kids nowadays are really so tech-savvy, using mobile applications is like second nature to them. For once, I was happy to see Asher using his phone while doing his homework, because I know he is using the Snapask app.
Here’s how our experience went
Setting up an account was simple. You just have to fill in basic information which includes the current education level of the child.
Navigating the app was intuitive too. After uploading a picture of your question, you can either choose “Instant Match”, where the app will match you with any suitable tutor online, or you can choose to direct your question to your favorite tutor. We used “Instant Match” and got matched with a tutor in less than a minute.
Good experience with the tutors who were patient and professional
At the start, I was concerned that the tutors might simply spoon-feed Asher with the answer to his question. I am glad to say my worries were unfounded.
The tutors we encountered all asked for workings to check Asher’s progress and understanding of their explanations. As an additional safeguard, at the end of each Q&A session, there would also be a pop-up asking if the question has been “fully understood” or if you are “still confused”.
After the tutoring session, students can rate the tutors upon five stars. Top-ranking tutor will be featured on the home screen. Asher’s rating for his tutors? “Five stars!”.
Three key features of Snapask
- “Ask a Question” – quickly get a single question clarified and answered (no time limit).
2. “Mini Class” –Discuss and learn complex questions that require more in-depth discussion (30 minutes). To start booking the session you only need to post your question, book your preferred date and time and select the subject. Snapask will then arrange a tutor to conduct the class at the scheduled time. This is especially suitable for open-ended questions like essay writing or if you have many questions to ask about a particular topic/ concept.
3. Learning resources- Besides the two methods of interaction with tutors above, Snapask also provides value-added learning resources in the form of Courses and Practices. Courses are lessons delivered in video format on key topics and concepts, while Practices are quizzes on key concepts for students to check their understanding. These resources will complement students’ self-directed learning journey.
- Courses available include Primary English, Science and Math revision, O Level Math, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics revision.
- Practices: many different Math and chemistry quizzes available.
Free! – The first episodes of each of the revision classes for the different subjects and levels are available for free. Take the opportunity to check out if it’ll be useful for your child.
Try Snapask for free
Nothing beats trying out something before deciding whether it is for you. Everyone can ask two questions for free on Snapask.
Just sign up for an account and complete your profile. You will then be rewarded with 2 free credits, which allows you to ask two questions.
Equip your child for 2021; Thoughtful gift for frazzled parents!
Snapask offers many different packages at different prices to suit different needs, so you would surely find something suitable. Examples include the “50 Questions Monthly Pack”, 5 questions token pack and Mini classes, among others.
Something especially useful for this December is Snapask’s revision courses for primary and secondary school students– great for revising what has been taught, and also to expose your child to new topics for the coming school year.
Since Christmas is coming, Snapask can be a good gift idea too! Give this gift of learning to your child. Actually, it will be a good gift for adults too- this will be a thoughtful and unique gift idea for any mummy and daddy friends out there who are struggling with their kids’ homework problems!
Check out the Snapask website and take advantage of their promotions to give your child a head start for 2021!