Good news for those who drive in frequently into Sentosa Island – Sentosa Development Corporation has simplified island admission fees for guests entering in cars and taxis, making it cheaper now to drive-in on weekends and streamlining their entry charges.
With immediate effect, drive-in rates via the Sentosa Gateway will be reduced to $2 during lunchtime and after 5pm on weekends, amongst the changes to be implemented for an initial period of two years:
The revised island admission fees will complement the simplified car park charges that were rolled out at Beach Station, Imbiah, Tanjong Beach, Palawan Beach and Sentosa Cove Village in August 2017:
Other island admission waivers and concessions
With the latest changes, there are now various ways Singapore residents can enter Sentosa for free or at lower rates.
Guests who enjoy free island admission include:
- Personal mobility device (PMD) users,
- Child Concession Card holders entering via the Sentosa Express,
- Organised school and community groups entering on chartered coaches during weekdays (excluding public holidays),
- Guests strolling in via the Sentosa Boardwalk
- Guests entering on SBS Transit’s bus 123, who only pay the prevailing distance-based bus fare
Island admission rates via the Sentosa Express have also been halved for selected TransitLink Concession Card holders, including senior citizens, persons with disabilities, workfare income supplement recipients, as well as primary, secondary, junior college and Institute of Technical Education students.
Once on the island, all guests enjoy free travel on the Sentosa Express, Sentosa Buses, and Beach Trams.