The search is on for local talent to play the loveable Baby Shrek in the international production of SHREK THE MUSICAL, which opens at The MasterCard Theatres at Marina Bay Sands on June 8.
Six lucky children between the ages of 7 and 12 will get to perform alongside everyone’s favourite ogre – Shrek – and other favourite fairy-tale characters such as Princess Fiona, Donkey and the Gingerbread Man in this live adaptation of the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film.
Base Entertainment Asia is holding a casting call to find six children to play the role of Baby Shrek during the show’s run at MasterCard Theatres from 8 to 19 June.
- The show’s producers are looking for children who meet the following requirements:
- They must be aged between 7 and 12 years (both boys and girls)
- They must be between 124cm and 144cm tall
- They must be available for all performances during the show’s run as it is a multi-week engagement
- The role does not require any singing or speaking but charisma and fluid movement in costume is needed
- Selected children will be required to attend rehearsals and costume fittings before performances, and to arrive one hour prior to show time.
Auditions will be held at MasterCard Theatres in April and those successful candidates will be notified of the date. Those interested to register for the auditions can do so at United Square on 26 and 27 March.
The children will have their photo taken and height measured upon registration. A number will be provided during the registration process and they will have to quote the number at the auditions at MasterCard Theatres in April.