Irone Kim | Sep 12, 2019 | 0
Coffee, tea, or perhaps a Häagen-Dazs latte?
Drinking coffee in local terms has always been associated with morning perk-me-ups, whether at home or in the office. To many Singaporeans, a caffeine fix is an absolute essential every day. I have heard of friends who need more than 5 cups of coffee a day to get through the day. And many claimed that coffee can keep the mid-day grogginess at bay.
Well, if you can certainly relate to what I have mentioned above, then you are definitely a coffee addict! Don’t worry, we are not here to judge though. Quite the contrary, here are more reasons to continue your quest for the perfect cuppa.
Renowned ice-cream brand Häagen-Dazs is now redefining the coffee drinking experience with a range of delicious flavoured lattes. That’s right. For those who wish to move on from those kopi or kopi-o days in your local coffeeshops (not that they are bad but hey, we all need a little indulgence sometimes, don’t we?), there is perhaps yet another alternative to whet your appetite – pairing mouth-watering ice-cream with flavoured lattes.
We were invited by the Häagen-Dazs team to try on their new coffee series and are delighted to share some views on the eclectic latte mix.
While I wouldn’t call myself a coffee connoisseur or anything close to that, I think my taste buds could still appreciate coffee that sends those “oooh lala” signals down my throat. Having said that, I did have my favourite picks from the six iconic Häagen-Dazs ice cream flavours paired with illy® coffee. Whether it is macadamia nuts harvested from Hawaii, chocolate from Belgium, vanilla from Madagascar or milk and cream from France, you can look forward to a different sensory experience with each latte.
The Italian-based illy® has been delighting coffee lovers worldwide with its rich and full-bodied, yet velvety smooth coffee for over 80 years. Its signature blend carries a distinctive taste and aroma, crafted through a careful selection of nine variants of Arabica beans that are sourced from across four continents.
Customers can indulge in either hot or iced lattes, in their choice of six iconic Häagen-Dazs flavours – Macadamia Nut, Green Tea, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cookies & Cream and Chocolate.
Häagen-Dazs flavoured latte options
- Macadamia Nut: A richly aromatic blend of Macadamia Nut ice cream and premium illy® coffee for a true indulgence
- Green Tea: A delightfully fragrant latte crafted from Japanese matcha Green Tea ice cream
- Vanilla: An exceptionally elegant and smooth latte made from a blend of Madagascan Vanilla ice cream and premium illy® coffee
- Strawberry: Crafted from sweet Strawberry ice cream and expertly blended with premium illy® coffee for a fruity strawberry latte
- Cookies & Cream: Have fun with this blend of iconic Cookies & Cream ice cream with premium illy® coffee that creates the perfect cookie latte
- Chocolate: Luxurious and rich, this chocolate latte is a classic combination of flavours with the finest Chocolate ice cream paired with premium illy® coffee
The lattes retail at S$6.80 per cup and is available across any of the nine Häagen-Dazs outlets in Singapore. The full list of Häagen-Dazs outlets can be found at https://www.facebook.com/HaagenDazs.Singapore/.