Pres-what? Presbyopia, also more commonly known as lao hua yan, is a common vision problem among those above the age of 40.
Presbyopia is a natural condition whereby the lens of the eye becomes less adept at changing its shape to focus on objects close by. Usually, people find out that they have presbyopia when they find themselves struggling to make out the words on a newspaper or a menu.
Alvin’s mum usually wears reading glasses to correct her presbyopia, but when we were approached by CooperVision to write a review for their Proclear 1-day Multifocal contact lenses, we asked her if she was game enough to try something new.
And she was! Mama Sally signed up for a free trial with Paris Miki and went for an eye exam so she could be fitted properly. Mere days later, ten pairs of contact lenses were ready for pick-up. (Click here to sign up for your free trial.)
Being a first-time wearer, Sally was given a small bottle of contact lens solution, just in case she drops the lenses while attempting to wear them. Good thinking. She was also advised to wear the lenses for three consecutive hours on her first try, then lengthening the period of wear to six hours on her second try.
She chose to put them on just before she goes to her nearby community centre for vocal lessons. This is so she can read her music scores during her two-hour lesson, but should she feel giddy or should her eyes feel too dry, she will still be close to the comfort of home.
After half an hour, umpteen attempts and one torn contact lens later, Sally finally succeeds in getting both contact lenses to stay on her eyeballs!
While the lenses are supposed to ensure clear vision at all distances, it still takes some for Sally to get used to them. She is going to save her daily disposable contact lenses for special events where she will be expected to read stuff and yet look pretty at the same time. One month’s supply of disposables will cost S$80. Please check price upon application instore. (Note: Paris Miki is offering the free trial promo but is not the exclusive distributor for these contact lenses.)
Here are some reasons why you should give CooperVision’s Proclear 1-day Multifocal Daily Disposables a try:
- The lenses offer natural biocompatibility, meaning that the lens material is made to imitate the cells of the human eye
- They help keep your eyes comfortably hydrated throughout the day, even after 12 hours of wear
- Because the lenses are replaced daily, they are hygienic
- You can attend all sorts of activities without worrying about glasses getting in the way
- CooperVision is offering a free trial promotion with Paris Miki until Oct 31, 2014! You only need to pay $30 for the eye examination. The $30 can be used as a rebate for any purchase of 2 boxes of CooperVision Proclear 1 day Multifocal contact lens within a month of your trial. You can click here to find out which of the 11 Paris Miki outlets is closest to you.