This entry should have been up right after Rachel and I returned to Singapore from Shantou on 7 Feb. However, as we were in Shantou when the plane solemnisation was reported in the local media, we had to spend some effort gathering the media reports in the various newspapers, news website and TV stations after we got back.
It didn’t help that Rachel and I underestimated the amount of media coverage this event will receive (we thought it only merited a photo caption in one or two newspapers) and did not ask any of our friends or relatives to help us collect these. How wrong were we. From our best of knowledge, the event received coverage from the following:
2. Lianhe Wanbao (3 Feb 2010, pg. 16)
3. Shin Min Daily (2 Feb 2010, pg. 3)
5. Lianhe Zaobao (3 Feb 2010, didn’t manage to get a copy)
6. Channel 5 news (2 Feb 2010, video recording courtesy of Samuel Ma)
7. Channel 8 news (2 Feb 2010, video recording courtesy of Jeremy Koh)
8. MSN news (didn’t manage to get screen grab)
9. Yahoo news (didn’t manage to get screen grab)
10. CNA website (screen grab courtesy of Ronnie Tan)
We were also pleasantly surprised to be contacted by the Singapore Book of Records to have our plane solemnisation registered for their book next year as the “First Wedding On Board An Airplane”. Cool hor? 🙂
Anyway, if you know of other media reports or have other clippings, recordings or screen grabs which I missed, do email them to me at [email protected]. A big thank you from Rachel and I in advance.
Technorati Tags: singapore plane solemnisation, plane solemnisation, jetstar plane solemnisation, jetstar singapore to shantou, meritus shantou, wotif.com, teochew poit ip huay kuan, singapore teochew association, shantou, shantou travel, plane rom, airplane rom, ellie and carl, up movie, ellie and carl up, jetstar inaugural direct flight from Singapore to Shantou, 新加坡潮州八邑会馆, singapore unconventional wedding, plane wedding, airplane wedding, getting married on a plane, plane marriage