The National Heritage Board’s (NHB) popular Museum Roundtable Lunar New Year Hongbao Campaign returns with limited edition red packet designs featuring the Chinese zodiac animal for 2023 – the rabbit!
From 6 January to 3 February 2023, visitors will be able to collect a pack of unique red packet designs at each of the 39 participating museums, heritage institutions and galleries, while stocks last. Each pack will contain eight pieces of red packets and is limited to one pack per visitor.
Of the 39 participating Museum Roundtable members, Children’s Museum Singapore is the newest member that joined in October 2022 and is participating in the Hongbao Campaign for the first time.
Limited-Edition Collector’s Album
This year, NHB will be producing a limited-edition collector’s album available for sale once again. Produced for the first time in 2022, the first collector’s album was sold out within hours of its launch.
In view of the strong demand and positive feedback, NHB decided to bring back the collector’s album in a larger quantity this year – 450 albums will be sold as compared to 350 albums in 2022.
Each collector’s album will contain two full sets of 39 MR red packet designs for the Year of the Rabbit, and a special edition design for NHB (i.e. a total of 80 pieces of red packets), displayed in a customised album. The NHB design has been included into the album this year, in celebration of NHB’s 30th anniversary.
The red packets in the collector’s album will be different from the red packets available for collection at participating MR members with the former featuring a pink background, and the latter featuring a red background.
The collector’s albums will be available for sale, while stocks last, at $88 (nett) per album. You can purchase the collector’s albums by either:
1. Pre-registering for a purchase slot on 14 or 15 January 2023, which is encouraged
- Interested members of the public are encouraged to pre-register for a purchase slot, allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration for purchase slots opens on 9 January 2023 (10 AM).
- You will be asked to select their preferred date and timeslots, on 14 or 15 January 2023, via the registration form. There is no need to make payment at this stage.
- When you successfully registered for a slot, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions to complete the purchase.
- On the allocated date and timeslot, proceed to the Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall with proof of identity and the confirmation email for verification and purchase of the album. Limited to the purchase of one album per NRIC number.
- Please note that sales of the collector’s albums on 14 and 15 January 2023 are restricted to individuals who have successfully obtained a time slot on either date. No walk-in purchases to individuals without a time slot on either of these two dates will be allowed.
2. Doing a walk-in purchase on 20 January 2023
- You may choose to walk-in to Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall to purchase a collector’s album on 20 January 2023, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 50 albums will be available for sale on this date, limited to the purchase of one album per NRIC number.
- This date is strictly reserved for walk-in buyers, and is open to individuals who did not purchase a collector’s album on 14 and 15 January 2023. You will need to bring along proof of identity for the sale; organisers will request for verification to check if individuals have made a prior purchase.
Of the 450 collector’s albums available for sale, 400 will be allocated to the pre-registration, while 50 will be set aside for the walk-in purchase. Regardless of the method of purchase, members of the public are limited to the purchase of one album per NRIC number, on a first-come, first-served basis.
I Love Museums’ Facebook Page Giveaways
In addition, two online giveaways will be held on the ‘I Love Museums’ Facebook page you can stand a chance to win a full set of the MR red packets.
The first giveaway, which will be held from 6 to 16 January 2023, will require you to visit participating museums and take a photograph of yourself with the collected red packets at the participating museums. You have to share the photograph(s) in the comment section of the giveaway post and leave a comment to share which exhibit/artefact they found interesting during their visits.
A total of 10 winners will be selected at random for the first giveaway, and each winner will receive a limited edition collector’s album.
The second giveaway, which will run from 25 to 30 January 2023, will require you to leave a comment on the ‘I Love Museums’ Facebook page, sharing what they like best about the MR Lunar New Year Hongbao Campaign. There will be 39 winners, to be selected at random, and each winner will receive a full set of MR red packets.
Participating MR Members
- ArtScience Museum
- Asian Civilisations Museum
- Children’s Museum Singapore
- Chinese Heritage Centre
- Eurasian Heritage Gallery
- Former Ford Factory
- Fort Siloso
- Geylang Serai Heritage Gallery
- HDB LIVINGSPACE Gallery
- Indian Heritage Centre
- Kreta Ayer Heritage Gallery
- Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital Heritage Gallery
- Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
- MINT Museum of Toys
- MOE Heritage Centre
- National Gallery Singapore
- National Library Singapore
- National Museum of Singapore
- NEWater Visitor Centre
- NUS Baba House
- NUS Museum
- Peranakan Museum
- Red Dot Design Museum
- Science Centre Singapore
- Singapore Art Museum
- Singapore Botanic Gardens Heritage Museum and CDL Green Gallery
- Singapore City Gallery
- Singapore Coins and Notes Museum
- Singapore Discovery Centre
- Singapore Mobility Gallery
- Singapore Musical Box Museum
- STPI – Creative Workshop & Gallery
- Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall
- Sustainable Singapore Gallery @ Marina Barrage
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital Heritage Museum
- The Gem Museum
- The Intan
- The SGH Museum
- Woodbridge Museum