True Colors Festival (TCF) – the long-running international festival of performing arts that celebrates diversity and inclusion –announces Katy Perry as its special guest, performing for TCF THE CONCERT 2022. The global pop superstar will take the stage alongside a powerhouse line-up of artists from around the world, in a concert that will celebrate diversity and the power of music to connect people everywhere.
TCF THE CONCERT 2022 will be performed twice, at Japan’s Tokyo Garden Theater on the evenings of 19th and 20th November. Katy Perry and all the artists will perform for both concerts.
With the theme “One World, One Family”, TCF THE CONCERT 2022 will bring together more than 90 singers, dancers and musicians – more than 20 groups and soloists – in a 2-hour concert experience culminating in a very special set by Katy Perry.
Curated from around the world, these diverse artists will reveal – through powerful performances – uniqueness, the importance of belief and the truth of One World, One Family. You can expect surprises, original film content, moments of connection and pure entertainment in this never-before multimedia concert experience.
Among the artists are:
- Virtuoso violinist Adrian Anantawan (Canada)
- Inclusive dance troupe BOTAN & DAZZLE (Japan)
- Vocalist & 2nd runner up of The Voice, Italy Federico Martello (Italy)
- Vocalist Harumi (Japan)
- International dance crew ILL-Abilities (multi-national)
- Dancer Kenta Kambara (Japan)
- Vocalist & clincher of the Golden Buzzer on America’s Got Talent Mandy Harvey (US)
- Tokyo NAKAMA Dancers (Japan)
- Grammy-nominated vocalist and guitarist Raul Midón (US)
- Vocalist & winner of the 2016 Karaoke World Championships Ryota Kaizo (Japan)
- Rapper who has performed – twice to a TV and online audience of a billion Sparsh Shah (US)
- Choir The Soulmatics (Japan)
- Bionic pop artist Viktoria Modesta (UK)
- Internationally decorated dancers We Are One (India)
- Rapper and composer Wheelsmith (Singapore);
- Four artists who performed in the award-winning Channel 4 2016 Paralympics trailer, We’re the Superhumans, which has been viewed more than 10 million times to date:
- Drummer Alvin Law (Canada)
- Pianist Rachel Starritt (UK)
- Multi-instrumentalist Johnatha Bastos (Brazil)
- Vocalist Tony Dee (Australia)
True to TCF’s commitment to be inclusive, THE CONCERT 2022 will provide a suite of accessibility features that will enable as many people as possible to experience the concert. These features include Japanese Sign, International Sign, real-time subtitles, audio description and personnel on standby at the venue for all guests in need of assistance. This will be the first time that so many accessibility features are being included at a TCF event.
TCF THE CONCERT 2022 is presented by The Nippon Foundation (TNF), which has long supported the rights of people with disabilities by working to create an inclusive society which empowers people of all abilities to live their lives with dignity and pursue their dreams. This includes establishing access to education from elementary to tertiary level, tackling employment and low-wage issues and more recently supporting refugees with disabilities from Ukraine. With experience and insight from working in this field for more than 50 years, TNF is presenting the True Colors Festival with the recognition that real inclusion of those with disabilities cannot be achieved until everyone in society adopts an ‘inclusive mindset’ about each other; and understands that this is a larger social issue rather than an issue centered around disability.
- Online from the following:
- CN Playguide (only available in Japanese)
- Counter sales from Eplus, Ticket PIA and Lawson Ticket
- Hotline booking via CN Playguide at 0570-08-9955
Visit here for more information.