Mission Foods, one of the world’s largest producers of wraps recently introduced its first kid-sized wraps – Mini Wraps. The new 5.75 inch (~14.6cm) mini wraps are available in three flavours – Original, Wholemeal and Tomato and come in fun, illustrated monster packaging that is resealable, prolonging the freshness of the wraps.
Although smaller in size, the quality and taste are the same as the larger varieties.
“Kids need the right nutrition to grow and it’s sometimes a challenge to get them to eat the right foods. At Mission Foods, we’re parents too, and making healthy food exciting is what we do best,” shared Randall Tan, Brand Manager South Asia, Mission Foods.
“The fun and colourful monster illustration on the packaging brings a sense of delight to mealtimes. When food is fun, it goes down much more easily as kids tend to eat with their eyes first. It’s a great way to add a sense of play and experimentation in getting them to make their own meals,” he added.
Mission Foods’ new Mini Wraps are available for purchase at all leading supermarkets in the bakery aisle, alongside Mission’s existing range of wraps, naan, pita and pizza crusts.
To celebrate the launch, Asher and I were invited for a media cooking workshop at TOTT to make three simple, fun-to-eat dishes using the wraps. The recipes for each of the dishes as as below.
You are welcome to try the recipes yourself at home with the new Mission Foods’ Mini Wraps. They are extremely easy to prepare and Asher and I had fun preparing our own lunch together. A slow, fussy eater, Asher gobbled up most of what we made because he was involved in the food preparation process and love the they look, having decorated them himself.
Bear Bear Pizza Wrap
- 2 Mission Wholemeal Mini Wraps
- 1⁄2 Chicken Breast, boiled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Mixed Capsicums, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Homemade Marinara Sauce For the Homemade Marinara Sauce (makes 1 cup)
- 400 gm Canned Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano/Mixed Italian Herbs
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 slices Cheese
- 3 Olives
- To make the homemade marinara sauce; in a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant and onions are translucent. Add in canned tomatoes, dried oregano and sugar, then season with salt and pepper. Stir then let it simmer for 30 minutess. Once done, set aside. (Alternatively, you may use store bought pasta sauces).
- In a baking tray, place a Mission Wholemeal Mini Wrap and 2 smaller circles cut out from another mini wrap for the bear’s ears.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the marinara sauce on the wraps and top it with shredded chicken, capsicums and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Decorate the bear’s face and eyes using sliced cheese and olives.
Crouching Lion Hidden Veggies, Japanese Curry Wrap
- 2 Mission Original Mini Wraps
- 1⁄4 Big Onion, minced
- 80 gm Minced Chicken
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1⁄4 Red Apple, diced
- 20 gm Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots & Corn)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (extra for brushing)
- Salt and Sugar, to taste
Four the Roux
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 1⁄2 tbsp Butter
- Melted Chocolate
- Mandarin Orange
- To prepare the roux; in a pan, melt butter over medium heat and add curry powder and flour. Cook until the smell of flour is gone. Once done, set aside.
- In another pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion until soft. Add in chicken and cook through. Then, add water, sweet soy sauce, tomato ketchup, salt and sugar. Next, add in apples and the mixed vegetables, cook for a few minutes before adding the roux in. Stir to mix well, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Once done, set aside.
- Brush Mission Original Mini Wraps with olive oil and pan-grill on each side for a minute.
- Place a wrap on a plate and top it with the cooked filling. Finish it by placing another wrap on top.
- Decorate the lion’s face with blueberries for the eyes, strawberry for the nose, melted chocolate for the mouth and whiskers, and mandarin orange pieces for the mane.
Caterpillar Chicken Wrap
- 2 Mission Tomato Mini Wraps
- 1 Chicken Breast, minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Pumpkin, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Mayonnaise
- A squeeze of Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste For Decoration • Tomato • Seaweed Instructions
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté garlic until fragrant. Add in minced chicken and pumpkin and cook through. Add a little water if it gets too dry. Season with salt and pepper. Once done, set aside to let it cool.
- In a bowl, place the cooked chicken and pumpkin. Add in
shredded lettuce, mayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon juice (season with salt and pepper, to taste). Mix well.
- Place Mission Tomato Mini Wraps on the board and top with the prepared fillings.
- Roll the mini wraps and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer to a plate and decorate the feet and face of the caterpillar using tomato and seaweed.