Sometimes it can be challenging when it comes to choosing the right hair colour for olive skin tone. This is how to go about it.
How to Select the Best Colour for Olive Skin Tone
Before we embark on the process of choosing the right colour for your olive skin tone and charming brown eyes, there is a crucial thing we must do; understanding why we should determine the right colour of the hair for your skin type.
This article takes you step by step in understanding everything concerning your olive skin colour. Continue reading to understand more about choosing the right hair colour for your olive skin tone and enchanting brown eyes.
1. You Need A Change.
When you were growing up, your mother used to buy for you lovely coconut oil to refresh your strands and maintain them shining forever- a sign of healthy hair. However, in this day and age, you should think differently and probably take a break and go for somehow bolder, brighter and quirkier hair colours. Also light or dark hair can be fun to experiment with.
Experiment with elements that work for you, your best attributes and your character. Then see whether the colours you see in celebrities and glossy magazines are suitable for you or not. However, when doing so, remember that what appears good on someone else may not necessarily look good on you. This is main reason why it is crucial to choose the right dye and colours that will match perfectly with your olive skin tone and not do the opposite.
2. Know Your Skin Tone.
Some people don’t know their skin tone. The skin tone can either be warm or cool, and there are many ways you can discover which your skin tone is. Follow these steps, and before you perform the last point, you will know which your skin tone is. However, before you start, make sure you wash your face using herbal cleanser to remove all grime and any other impurities.
- Stand in front of your mirror in a well-lit room.
- In one of the hand, hold a yellow piece and red piece of paper.
- On the other hand, hold blue, white, silver and green pieces each.
- Place every piece of paper on the surface of your face-each at a time.
- If a particular colour looks great on your skin and the skin glows more, for instance, if the red and the yellow does flattering, it shows that your skin tone is warm. If it flattering happens in any other colour in the group, then you have a cool skin tone.
Nevertheless, you can repeat the same process under the sun, but using each piece of paper singly. Greenish tints imply the skin tone is warm while bluish-tints means the skin tone is cool.
3. What about Red Skin Tones.
Just think about these tints;-
- Violet reds.
- Mocha browns.
- Icy blondes.
Tip; if your skin is dark olive skinned, do not use medium blondes and browns.
When it comes to the eyes though most ladies with blue eyes choose copper hair hue, and with hazel eyes use chocolates and browns to flaunt, you can also think about the following;-
- Honey blondes.
- Orangish reds.
- Chocolate brunettes.
- Golden blondes.
And if you have a warmer olive skin tone?
- Ash browns will be the best match.
- Violet and auburn mix.
- You could also go for the beige.
- A mixture of champagne blonde will also do.
- Deep reds too will rock your looks.
4. What about Ombre? Should You Wear It With Olive Skin Tone And Brown Eyes?
Absolutely yes, why not? Takes things to the next level and think about ‘sombre’ and not ‘ombre’ the latter is now outdated in 2019. Cool and warm-toned skins and brown eyes match well with the sombre hues, for more natural texture and seamless effect.
However, we recommend that you inquire with your stylist to advise you which shade will be suitable for you. Have fun in the entire process of hair colouring, but remember it should accentuate your overall aspects and not just skin tone and eyes. If you do so, you will enjoy the final look.