Your child can now realise his/her dreams of flying at SG Aviation Training – a flight school dedicated to fulfilling the budding passions of young aviators from 10 to 17 years old.
Established in 2017, this aviation school has developed a programme that infuses the teaching of aviation theory with application using facilities such as flight simulators. Knowledge of aerodynamics also helps Secondary School students in their study of Physics as they are better able to understand concepts such as gravitational force, lift, thrust and drag in the process of learning how to fly.
Special June Holiday 20 hour programme
This June Holiday, students from upper primary and secondary school levels can immerse themselves in the world of aviation with SG Aviation Training’s Basic Aviation Course with Aptitude Flying.
The Basic Aviation Course with Aptitude Flying is designed to introduce Singapore’s youth to the aviation industry. The demand for professional aviators will continue to grow with Singapore being a successful and fast-growing aviation hub.
For three hours per session, students gain an introduction to aeronautics with lessons that cover the principles of flight, the parts of an airplane and the purpose of different flight instruments.
They will also learn more about basic flight operations, weather conditions for flight and an introduction to fundamental aviation language.
The final element of the course will be letting the students test their skills on a Cessna 172 flight simulator where they can experience flying for the very first time.
June Holiday Programme Details
Date: Five Saturdays during the June holidays (2 June, 9 June, 16 June, 23 June, 30 June)
Time: 10am – 1pm (3 hours per session)
Total course hours: 20 hours
- The fundamentals of flying – Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
- Understand and comprehend the different roles in the aviation industry needed to make flight operations safe and successful
- Fly controlled manoeuvres with instruction given in the Cessna 172 flight simulator
- Introduction to Aeronautics (6 hours) – Understand the principles of flight, the parts of an airplane, flight instrumentation
- Meteorology (2 hours) – Understand how weather and wind conditions affect flight
- Basic Flight Operations (3 hours) – Learn more about the airport environment, what pilots need to take note of when taking off and landing on a runway
- Radio telephony (2 hours) – Learn basic aviation language that pilots use all over the world for communication
- Aptitude Flying (5 hours) – Practice flight knowledge in the Cessna 172 flight simulator
For more information about the programmes at SG Aviation Training, visit their official website.