The search is on for the missing AirAsia Flight QZ8501. Flight QZ8501 from Surabaya, Indonesia to Singapore lost contact with air traffic control in Indonesia at 8:24 a.m. Sunday (Singapore time, GMT+8).
The plane took off with 155 passengers and crew on board, leaving Juanda International Airport at 6:27 a.m. Sunday (Singapore time, GMT+8) and was due to arrive in Singapore at 8:37 a.m. Sunday (Singapore time, GMT+8).
Our hearts go out to the passengers of QR8501 and their loved ones who must be very anxious of their whereabouts. At the moment, no one knows what happened yet, but here are some facts about QR8501:
1. A statement from Indonesian Transport Ministry official Hadi Mustofa, mentioned that the plane had asked for an unusual route before it lost contact.
2. There were 155 passengers and crew on board, consisting of 138 adults, 16 children and 1 baby. Here’s a partial list via Detik.com:
3. The crew on board are:
First Officer: Remi Emmanuel Plesel
Khairunisa Haidar Fauzi
Wismoyo Ari Prambudi
Engineer: Saiful Rakhmad
4. AirAsia had issued an official statement:
5. The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore had issued an official statement:
6. Trending hashtags on social media are: #QZ8501, #DoaUntukQZ8501, #PrayForAirasia, #PrayForQZ501