Last week, over a cocktail reception at ION Sky on the 56th floor of ION Orchard, LG Electronics Singapore announced the availability of the LG G Pro2, the successor of the award winning LG G2 and LG G Pro. The LG G Pro2 is LG’s latest flagship smartphone that is packed with the most innovative and advanced technology that features a large 5.9” state-of-the-art display and enhanced User Experience (UX) features. The LG G Pro2 was recently lauded with the “Best of MWC 2014” by various reputed industry tech publications during the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona.
With a stunning 5.9-inch Full HD IPS display and extra slim bezel of 3.3mm, the LG G Pro2 offers an industry-leading screen-to-frame ratio of 77.2 percent. A richer, high- power 1W Hi-Fi sound that is 30 percent louder than the G Pro delivers clearer sound with a more powerful bass. To simplify the powering on and unlocking process, LG engineers developed a completely unique feature called KNOCKcode which makes unlocking and using the LG G Pro2 easier and more convenient than ever before.
“The KnockOn function is one example of a feature from the LG G2 that was well- received with our consumers. Learning from you, we have enhanced and improved this feature, now known as KNOCKcodeTM, bringing simpler and more convenient solutions to our consumers’ daily lives,” said Mr Scott Jung, Managing Director of LG Electronics Singapore. “We consistently strive to improve our products to give our consumers that added touch of convenience, without the complexities.”
An evolution of the popular KnockOn feature that was first unveiled last year in the LG G2, KNOCKcode allows owners to power on and unlock their LG G Pro2 smartphones in one easy step by tapping their screens using one of 86,367 “knock” combinations. Thanks to LG’s intelligent algorithm and advanced hardware, the knock pattern can be entered on any area of the screen — whether the display is turned on or off — using anywhere from two to eight taps.
The LG G Pro2 is the first LG smartphone to benefit from an enhanced 13MP camera with OIS+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) and advanced functions, ideal for creating and sharing content. LG’s proprietary OIS+ technology adds an anti-shake functionality software to the acclaimed hardware-based feature already built into the slim camera module for the best photos and videos possible when in motion or in low light situations. The sensors and lens of the rear and front camera on the LG G Pro2 have also increased in both size and sensitivity, for images that rival many standalone point-and-shoot cameras. Some of the other advanced image capturing features built into the LG G Pro2 are:
- 120FPS HD Video Recording and Slow-Motion Editing: Records in 120fps HD and allows editing of video in three different speeds — one-half slow motion, one-fourth slow motion and original
- 4K ULTRA HD Recording: Records video footage in ultra-high definition mode for playback on 4K TV sets
- Magic Focus: After the shot is taken, users have the option to select the preferred depth of focus before saving. Users can also press the all-in-focus icon to make every object in the frame look their sharpest
- Natural Flash: Offers more balanced color temperature and exposure for the most natural-looking photos compared to images taken with a normal flash
- Flash for Selfie: Reduces the size of the preview screen and adds a bright white background for more “soft” lighting in self-portrait mode
- Burst Shot: Takes up to 20 continuous shots and automatically edits them to create a video of the captured images
- Gallery Collage: Allows users to select photos from their gallery to create a collage for easy uploading to favorite social network sites
In addition to the latest components, the LG G Pro2 also boasts a collection of upgraded features that complements today’s mobile lifestyle where much of the information we need is in the palm of our hands or in our back pockets. Some of these new UX features include:
- Content Lock: Provides users more security with the ability to lock files, photos, videos and memos with a unique password
- Mini View: Enables users to comfortably use the LG G Pro2 with one hand by shrinking the display to a size ranging from 3.4 inches to 4.7 inches, depending on the user’s preference
- Dual Browser: Divides the expansive screen into two separate browser windows for more convenient surfing
The LG G Pro2 will be available at all M1, Singtel, Starhub and other authorized LG mobile retailers at the end of March this year at a recommended retail price of S$828.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
- GPU: Qualcomm Technologies AdrenoTM 330
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080), Slim Bezel
- Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP OIS+ / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,200mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Size: 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm
- Network: LTE / HSPA+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0) / USB / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC / SlimPort
- Colors: Titan, White, Red
- Other: KNOCKcodeTM, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock