Many Stories, One Singapore: 48 Singapore Blogs I Read
Happy birthday Singapore!
The theme for this year’s National Day Parade is “Many Stories, One Singapore”. To join in the celebration, here is a list of 48 Singapore blogs I read (in random order):
1. Alex Au – Yawning Bread: The top socio-political blog in Singapore.
2. Bertha Henson – Bertha Harian: Interesting Singapore commentary blog by a former top journalist and editor at the Straits Times.
3. Lucky Tan – Diary of a Singapore Mind: Socio-political blog with an acidic and witty undertone.
4. Lee Kin Mun – Mr Brown: The grandfather of Singapore’s blogosphere and online socio-political satire.
5. Anon – Feed Me to The Fish: Socio-political blog in operation since 2007. The writer passed away early this year. RIP.
6. Gintai – Gintai_昇泰: Vocal SMRT train officer and ex-policeman who happens to blog.
7. Kenneth Jeyaretnam – Son of A Dud: Eldest son of veteran opposition politician, J.B. Jeyaretnam, secretary-general of the Reform Party and hedge fund manager with impression double first class honours from Cambridge University.
8. Catherine Ling – Cameberu: One of the finest food blog in Singapore.
9. Brad Lau – Ladyironchef: Food blog with great listings of top restaurants and places to visit.
10. Veron Ang – Sparklette.net: Food blog with frequently updated princess theme blog skins.
11. Dr. Leslie Tay – ieatishootipost: Food and photography blog with a focus on Singapore hawker fares and their heritage.
12. Daniel Ang – Daniel Food Diary: Food blog by a multi-disciplinary media person who can write in both English and Chinese as well as host radio shows.
13. Maureen Ow – Miss Tam Chiak: Food blog by an ex-colleague from my paper who can write in both English and Chinese.
14. Darren Ng – Celebrate Lah: Lifestyle and travel blog with superb photography and writing.
15. Eunice Khong – Travelerfolio: One of the best known travel blog in Singapore.
16. Melissa Koh – Melicacy: Food blog by a young, single tai-tai.
17. Irene Santoso – Moonberry: Very tastefully designed and maintained lifestyle, fashion and beauty blog by a US expat designer living here in Singapore.
18. Peter Breitkreutz – Aussiepete: Localised expat Aussie blogger who lives in the HDB heartland in Singapore with his wife and two sons.
19. Goh Yongwei – Do Not Feed, Dieting: My favourite fat blogger who is constantly in the process of losing weight.
20. Ai – Sakura Haruka: Prolific mummy blogger.
21. William Tan – Only William: Prolific lifestyle blogger with a sunshine smile.
22. Christine Ng – Yummy Chrispytine: Bold, liberal-minded blogger who writes about all kind of taboo topics.
23. Smith Leong – Smith Thank You: Tiko blogger who blogs about sex and all things naughty.
24. The Ninja Girls: Ninja Girls: A group of japanese girls documenting their experience living and working in Singapore.
25. Jerome Lim: The Long and Winding Road: A blog documenting Singapore history. Reading this blog is like a walk down memory lane.
26. Chua Chim Kang: Chimology: Chinese commentary blog written by the editor of Lianhe Wanbao and omy.sg.
27. Jayley Woo – JayleyWooJiaqi: One half of the Jayley Hayley blogging twin sisters.
28. Hayley Woo – HayleyWooJiayi: The other half of the Jayley Hayley blogging twin sisters.
29. Ang Geck Geck – A Female Cat Roars, Louder than Before: Film director, stylist, artist and modeling blogger.
30. Hong Qiuting – BongQiuQiu: Lifestyle, fashion and beauty blog with eccentric, quirky and entertaining writings.
31. Edmund Tay – Edunloaded: Prolific father blogger who is also a church pastor.
32. Grace Tan – Working with Grace: Hardworking blogger with lifestyle and business focus.
33. Regina Chow – Shopping Queen’s Haven: I usually don’t read pinkish blogs, but Regina’s shopping is an exception.
34. Fei Zhu – Timeless Facade: Atas food blogger.
35. Rockson Takumi Tan – Talk Rock: Veteran Ah Beng blogger.
36. Derrick Tan – SG Food on Foot: Food blog focused on restaurants near to MRT stations and accessible locations.
37. Kirsten Han – #spuddings: Socio-political blogger by a young, liberal-leaning Singaporean.
38. Peggy Chang – Six Pegs: Lifestyle blog with a zest to life.
39. Silver Ang – That Silver Girl: Blogging actress and show host.
40. Holly Jean Aroozoo – Holly Jean: Teacher turned lifestyle, fashion and beauty blogger.
41. Gordon Ho – Gordonator: My favourite Singapore otaku blog.
42. Wendy Cheng – Xiaxue: Queen of Singapore blogs.
43. Bing – Story of Bing: Singaporean lady documenting her experience living overseas.
44. Jacqueline Wong – Behind the Basics: She is funny and pretty random.
45. Darren Ang – Darren Bloggie: One of the most vain male bloggers I know.
46. Daphne – Mitsueki: Newbie blogger who only started her blog in November 2012, but I like her content and the hardwork she put in.
47. Mint Leong – Hello I’m Mint Leong: Lifestyle and music blogger on chasing her musical dream in pragmatic Singapore.
48. omy.sg – omy Blog Club: Where it all begun for many of the bloggers here in Singapore.
I definitely read more blogs than these, but I only have space for 48 this year. If you are not listed, don’t be offended my friend. I will try to do a list like this every National Day from now on – that is one more blog each year. 🙂