Danielle Ann | Mar 20, 2018 | 0
Top 5 Winners and Losers from the Haze
Even in the worst of situation, there will be winners and there will be losers. With the haze reaching record high hazardous level, there are still some people who benefit at the expense of others.
Top 5 Winners:
5. Food delivery services. Nobody wants to step out of their houses to get food.
4. Shops and retailers selling masks of all kind, but particularly those selling the N95.
3. Shops and retailers selling air purifiers. These are sold out island-wide.
1. Singapore Powers. With so many households and offices turning on their air-con 24-7 to escape the haze, they must be making a killing. Moreover, they won’t have issues with insufficient stock and need not spend on advertising.
Top 5 losers:
5. People who have to work outdoor like those in construction and cleaning.
4. People running outdoor recreation businesses like bicycle and kayak rental.
3. Great Singapore Sale. I don’t think Singaporeans are in the mood for shopping right now.
2. People with respiratory and health issues; young children and the elderly.
1. Vivian Balakrishnan, Singapore Minister for Environment and Water Resources. The haze is not his fault! I know Singaporeans like to complain, but why are you barking up the wrong tree?