Social Media for a Social Cause – Celebrate Singapore Social Media Day on 25 Jun (this Sat)!
Donate $1 or above to charity and you can even stand to win a 3D2N trip to Hong Kong, courtesy of the Hong Kong Tourism Board. How cool is that?
Here’s more information via the official press release:
Celebrate Singapore Social Media Day (SGSMD) 2011 on 25 June with a day of fun-filled activities at *SCAPE! SGSMD 2011 is an adaptation of World Social Media Day, which was initiated by internet news blog Mashable in 2010 and celebrated on 30 June during its first year.
Organised by a group of volunteer bloggers and social media enthusiasts, the event is presented by HTC and supported by omy.sg, Singapore’s leading news and entertainment web portal by Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH).
To express the spirit of Social Media, the organising committee has come up with a simple yet highly apt tag word “SoMe!”, which apart from being an abbreviation of Social Media, also speaks volumes about how people of today engage various social media channels to express themselves on a daily basis.
Related Post: omy.sg partners CP Foods to celebrate home cooking in Singapore in conjunction with World Social Media Day
Parts of *SCAPE’s atrium and gallery would be converted into a mini “funfair” on 25 June from 2pm – 9 pm. Proceeds collected through the various activities would be donated to the Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund (SPMF).
Line-up of programme from 2pm – 9pm at *SCAPE:
* SoMe! Shopping Booths: Sales booths by various blog shops*
* SoMe! Superstars: Youtube performers, in the flesh!
* SoMe! Shutterbug: Photography-sharing workshop (by Tan Geng Hui)**
* SoMe! Social Media Wall: We’ve all left a message on our friends’ Facebook Walls before, so how about leaving a message on an actual Social Media wall for a change? Donate a dollar (or more!), and get to leave your message on the Wall for all to read!**
* SoMe! Games: Have fun at the game booths located at Level 5 Gallery, earn game ‘stamps’, and collect stamps at all 4 game stations to redeem your exclusive SoMe goodie bags!
* Creative Sandwich-making contest**, Stage Games, and more!
In line with the concept of “Social Media for a Social Cause”, Key Presenter HTC will also be chipping in to this charitable cause. While the activities at *SCAPE are ongoing, a group of volunteers will be hitting Orchard Road to request for members of the public to access HTC’s Facebook page with their own mobile phones or using the volunteers’ HTC phones. For every person who “Likes” the HTC Facebook page, HTC will be donating $5 to the SPMF.
Technorati Tags: singapore social media day, world social media day, singapore social media day 2011, scape social media day, omy.sg social media day, win a trip to hong kong, htc social media day, sgsmd, mashable, straits times pocket money fund, some!, some! shopping booths, some! superstar, some! shutterbug, some! social media wall, some! games, creative sandwich making contest