NEX @ Serangoon Central (picture via NEX’s official website)
We Singaporeans are a sad bunch. There is usually not much going on in terms of leisure activities. Hence whenever a new mall opens, everyone will flock there like vultures smelling a fresh kill.
Rachel and I are no different. :p
Look at the volume of people in the mall!
Rachel @ NEX
We headed to NEX at Serangoon Central on Friday to watch the latest Harry Potter movie as well as to check out the new mall. Via the official NEX website, this spanking new mega mall boasts the following features:
– A pet lovers’ enclave on the landscaped roof terrace
– An indoor garden on level 4
– A 60,000 sq ft hypermarket by Fairprice Xtra
– A 10-screen cineplex by Shaw Organisation
– A 53,000 sq ft department store by Isetan
– A 16,000 sq ft furniture and electronics Courts megastore
– A 12,000 sq ft supermarket by Cold Storage
– An extended-hours entertainment and F&B zone
– A family karaoke centre by Party World
– An amusement arcade centre by Virtualand
– A 500-seat food court by Food Junction
– Food Republic’s thematic food hall and all their F&B specialty brands
– An IT store by Challenger
– Various F&B outlets
Rachel and I particularly like the 24-hour Fairprice Xtra hypermarket and the cosy 10-screen Shaw cinema. As we tend to work late, we often encounter difficulties trying to do our grocery shopping on weekdays. This 24-hour hypermarket near our home will solve this.
We were also wowed by the many F&B choices available and vowed to go there regularly till we try out all of them.
NEX is just one MRT station away from Potong Pasir MRT station. It is very conveniently located from our home and we take less than 15 minutes to get there via public transport.
It’s opening is definitely good news for Potong Pasir residents like my family.
The W³ is sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of the Visual Arts, an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from a "Who's Who" of acclaimed media, interactive, advertising, and marketing firms.