DJI releases the DJI Mini 3 Pro, its most powerful lightweight and portable camera drone. Weighing less than 249 grams to be policy-friendly in many regions and countries, it delivers advanced features like 4K/60fps video, ActiveTrack, tri-directional obstacle sensing, and 90° gimbal rotation to shoot high-quality vertical imaging for social media, all while extending its flight time to well over 30 minutes.
Less Than 249g
According to the regulations of many countries and regions, drones under 250 grams have been placed in the safest drone category. At under 249 grams, Mini 3 Pro’s combination of weight, safety, and performance arrives as a new resource for you on the move and looking to fly.
Expanding the Possibilities of a Mini Drone
Like its predecessors – Mavic Mini, Mini 2, and Mini SE – the new drone keeps the same compact foldability for packing and taking anywhere. But Mini 3 Pro was made with more built-in features than any other DJI drone its size, thanks to enhanced flight performance, camera system, battery life, and intelligent features that were previously only available in the Air and Mavic series.
Mini 3 Pro has a completely new structural design that brings several performance enhancements. The arms and propellers have been adjusted for more aerodynamic flight that increases flight time. This new design also mounts forward and backward dual-vision sensors at the very front of the drone, broadening sensing range for even safer flight.
A complete gimbal redesign unlocks more camera angles than ever, enabling movements like tilt-up shots and vertical shooting.
Obstacle Sensing for Safer Flight
DJI Mini 3 Pro features Tri-Directional Obstacle Sensing, consisting of forward, backward, and downward visual sensors. The forward and downward sensors have a wider field of view, providing seamless coverage for better route planning and environmental awareness. These sensors also enable Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) 4.0, which automatically detects and finds a safer path around obstacles during flight.
In addition, these sensors also enable the entire FocusTrack suite, which allows users to select a subject that the drone automatically keeps within the center of the frame during flight while automatically planning a safe flight route. Thanks to its upgraded sensing system, DJI Mini 3 Pro is the first of the Mini lineup to integrate APAS and FocusTrack.
DJI Mini 3 Pro also brings a completely enhanced imaging system. A 1/1.3-inch CMOS camera sensor has dual native ISO, a capturing technology previously only available on cinema and some micro single cameras. It also has an aperture of f/1.7 and shoots images at up to 48MP and video at up to 4K/60fps.
To help capture high-quality easy-to-upload content, the camera rotates 90 degrees for True Vertical Shooting, creating incredible photos and videos in portrait orientation without quality-cutting image zooming and cropping.
For the most vivid detail, HDR video recording is available at frame rates up to 30fps. A Normal colour profile is available for quick in-app editing, while D-Cinelike allows for more post-editing possibilities.
Digital video zoom at up to 2x is available in 4K, 3x in 2.7K, and 4x in Full HD. DJI Mini 3 Pro also has improved image performance with 2.4μm pixels that capture more image detail, which is especially helpful in low lighting and at night.
A full suite of intelligent capturing modes from DJI’s Air and Mavic series is now available on the Mini 3 Pro to let you create like never before. With a single tap, you can do the following:
- FocusTrack Suite
- Spotlight 2.0 keeps the subject in frame while you fly manually.
- Point of Interest 3.0 circles the subject in a set flight radius and speed.
- ActiveTrack 4.0 follows the subject in two selectable ways:
- Trace: The aircraft tracks the subject at a constant distance
- Parallel: The aircraft tracks the subject while flying beside it at a constant angle and distance
- Dronie: Aircraft flies back and up with the camera locked on the subject.
- Helix: Aircraft flies up and spirals around the subject.
- Rocket: Aircraft flies up with the camera facing down.
- Circle: Aircraft circles around the subject.
- Boomerang: Aircraft flies around the subject in an oval path, ascending as it flies away and descending as it returns.
- Asteroid: Aircraft creates a shot that begins as a sphere panorama high above the subject and ends with a normal shot hovering near the subject.
- MasterShots – Keeps the subject in the center of the frame while executing different maneuvers in sequence to generate a short cinematic video.
- Hyperlapse – Creates a dynamic timelapse where the aircraft flies on set paths during capture.
Extended Battery Life and Transmission Distance
At a maximum flight of 34 minutes, Mini 3 Pro can capture more landscapes and destinations on a single charge. To give you more choices, Mini 3 Pro also introduces an extended flight battery option for the first time in DJI drone history.
The Intelligent Flight Battery Plus allows for a maximum flight time of 47 minutes, an unprecedented capability for a drone this size. Pairing perfectly with this extended flight time, Mini 3 Pro features the O3 transmission system, which delivers a crisp 1080p live view from a distance as far as 12 km.
DJI is also expanding its remote controller lineup with DJI RC, a lightweight remote controller with a 5.5-inch built-in touchscreen. With the DJI Fly app already integrated, you don’t need to mount your smartphone to your controller, freeing your personal device during the flying experience.
Accessories to Boost Your Flight
To get the most out of every flight, DJI Mini 3 Pro arrives with several accessories:
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery has a maximum flight time of 34 mins
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus has a maximum flight time of 47 mins 
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub charges Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence
- DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters Set (ND 16/64/256) lets the Mini 3 Pro capture more detail in the brightest of conditions
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Propellers are essential to help ensure reliable flight every time
- DJI 30W USB-C Charger charges an Intelligent Flight Battery to 0-100% in just 64 minutes and an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus in 101 minutes
Price and Availability
DJI Mini 3 Pro is available for purchase today online, Shopee, Lazada, and authorised retail partners in several configurations. DJI Mini 3 Pro retails for S$1,099 and includes the DJI RC-N1. DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC) retails for S$1,349 and includes the DJI RC.
In addition, accessory kits made for the DJI Mini 3 Pro are available for purchase today. The DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit retails for S$259 and includes 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1 Two-Way Charging Hub, 2 sets of propellers, and one Shoulder Bag.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit Plus retails for S$349 and includes 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries Plus, 1 Two-Way Charging Hub, 2 sets of propellers, and one Shoulder Bag.
All other accessories will be sold separately.
DJI Mini 3 Pro for SkyPixel
DJI is excited to see the new types of creative works that will be realised with the Mini 3 Pro. To bring this opportunity to the world, SkyPixel is also launching two campaigns that will give pilots everywhere the chance to fly and shoot with this new advanced mini drone.
The upcoming SkyPixel Product Tryout program will choose users to receive Mini 3 Pro for a limited time to create and share their content to a wider audience with a chance to win prizes.
The Mini 3 Pro Creative Content Challenge is a contest to see the best photos and videos that the aerial community can make with the new mini drone for a chance to earn DJI Credit.