The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) Open House (ROH) returns after five years, and for this year, visitors do not have to leave their house to visit the airbase!
From 3 – 19 December 2021, visitors, for the first time, can access a virtual static display of aircrafts and ground-based air defence weapons, a virtual exhibition all about the RSAF, while playing NEW online games, and watching a series of new RSAF action videos, featuring local celebrities – Gurmit Singh, Annette Lee, Rai Kannu, and more!
Highlights of this year’s ROH21 includes virtual static displays of aircraft and ground based defence weapons, interactive games, avatars that you can customize and a range of activities and Live Streams for visitors to participate in.
You’ll also stand a chance to win prizes by visiting the open house, participating in challenges and playing games in exchange for Stars – which can be used to redeem prizes and souvenirs.
ROH21 prizes include virtual RSAF medals and badges of achievements, limited edition ROH21 bags and patches, and the ROH21 teddy bear mascot, Captain Ted! Visitors can even stand a chance to win exclusive rides on an RSAF aircraft.
ROH21 has FOUR new online games ready for visitors to play, and the more they play, the more stars they will win to redeem prizes and souvenirs. They can also create their own avatar for the games. The themes and games are named after the RSAF, representing the different aspects of the Air Force.
- R – REMEMBER Our Assets – an online memory game
- S – SEEK Knowledge – a quiz game all about the RSAF
- A – ATTACK From The Skies – where players get to choose from five different fighter jets in an aerial shooter game to defend against a host of incoming threats.
- F – FORTIFY Our Bases – a tower defence strategy game where players are required to build up the base’s defence systems against incoming threats from the air, land and sea.
Exclusive videos with special hosts will be released on the ROH21 website, with some never seen before footages, featuring local celebrities Annette Lee, Gurmit Singh, Rai Kannu, Nicole Ng, and Jyotsnaa. Jayashankar!
As visitors play, prizes can be redeemed via “ROH21AIRDROP” by redeeming stars attained from the games and interactions on the website, such as digital items and physical souvenirs like:
- Virtual RSAF medals and badges of achievements which can be downloaded onto their avatar page.
- Win rides in the RSAF aircrafts – winners will arrive at one of the RSAF Airbases on another day to take their special ride.
- Captain TED ROH21 Edition (limited edition merchandise).
- ROH21 bags and patches (limited edition merchandise).
On the opening weekend of 3-5 December, there are 4 live streams for visitors to ask questions and interact with their LIVE hosts. Each segment will be 20 – 30 minutes long. Look for the “LIVE STREAM” tab on the web landing page.
- Friday, 3 December (10:30 AM): Official launch of ROH21
- Friday, 3 December (11 AM): SCRAMBLE THE JETS with Rai Kannu and Major Iskandar
- Saturday, 4 December (12 PM): SEARCH & RESCUE with Rai Kannu and Freezer ROH 21 Patch ROH 21 Foldable Polyester Tote Bag
- Sunday, 5 December (12 PM): VIRTUAL BLACK KNIGHTS with Jyostnna and special guests.
There are also creative challenges for the visitors to join in with their friends and families. Visitors can upload a picture or video of themselves in these activities, on the website’s LETS POST section. The best or most interesting posts will be reposted on RSAF’s FB page and posts with the most likes stand to win attractive prizes as well.
RSAF Open House is open from 3-19 December 2021.To access the Open House, simply register online.