CapitaLand and Shopee joined hands once again to unveil the IMM virtual mall on Shopee – the e-commerce platform’s first virtual mall.
Aimed at helping Singapore retailers embrace digitalisation as part of holistic and sustainable retail strategies, the initiative is an outcome of the Emerging Stronger Taskforce’s (EST1) Alliance for Action (AfA) on Facilitating Smart Commerce.
The AfA on Facilitating Smart Commerce is focused on pioneering new operating models to help Singapore retailers digitalise and export local brands overseas, develop sustainable business strategies, and diversify their revenue streams. The AfA is working closely with:
- Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) on the Nationwide Parcel Lockers Project to explore the innovative use of lockers to enhance shoppers’ experience in malls while reaping operational gains for retailers.
- Enterprise Singapore (ESG) to pilot an initiative to ease the overseas market entry of local brands, leveraging CapitaLand’s network of malls in the region and Shopee’s regional online presence.
- Restaurant Association of Singapore (RAS) to pilot new ideas in addressing industry challenges, such as food pick-up and delivery optimisation while leveraging the network and expertise of CapitaLand.
The IMM virtual mall on Shopee recreates IMM’s iconic outlet shopping experience online with a standalone landing page, enabling shoppers to buy authentic merchandise at attractive prices.
It connects IMM retailers to consumers on Singapore’s largest ecommerce platform, offering them more online marketing opportunities to drive revenue through enhanced branding under one roof.
In its initial phase, the IMM virtual mall on Shopee features a line-up of 33 brands comprising 19 retail brands offering over 8,000 SKUs (stock keeping units) and 14 F&B establishments offering F&B vouchers.
- Hush Puppies
- New Balance
- Pierre Cardin
- SK Jewellery
- Under Armour
- Winter Time
- World of Sports
- Ajisen Ramen
- Bali Thai
- Hong Kong Egglet
- Old Chang Kee
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Seoul Garden Hotpot
- SF Fruit
- Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks
- So Pho
Participating retailers also enjoy marketing subsidies from CapitaLand and Shopee, including livestreaming trial packages on the popular Shopee LIVE.