Shopee kicks off its signature annual shopping event – Shopee’s 9.9 Super Shopping Day in Southeast Asia and Taiwan in August 2020. Users can look forward to three weeks of daily themed days in the lead up to 9.9 Super Shopping Day on 9 September.
Super S-Mart Day (22 August)
Free shipping with $10 minimum spend, three-day delivery, up to 70% off everyday essentials from brands such as Asia Pacific Breweries, Dettol, Kimberly-Clark, Vinda, Johnson & Johnson, NUK, Nepia, RB Home, Pigeon, NTPM, and Kundal.
- Up to $12 off vouchers and an additional 20% off voucher when users follow the S-Mart By Shopee Official Store on Shopee.
- Lowest Price Battle: Enjoy lowest prices for bestsellers online. 9.9 Super Savings Deals including $9.99 & Below Clearance Deals, $0 Free Gift Add-ons, and Add-on Deals from $1
Super Vouchers Day (2 September)
Upsized 18% cashback flash voucher released at 12 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 9 PM, and 10 PM, and upsized 50% off, 20% off, and $10 off seller vouchers on 9 September.
- Upsized ShopeePay Giveaway: Top up a minimum of $39 to win upsized vouchers to be used on 9 Sep
- Featured collections including 9.9 Deals under $19.90, 9.9 Up to 80% off Bestsellers, and 9.9 Cashback Top Rated Deals
Super Price Reveal Day (8 September)
- Price Reveal: Preview items discounted on 9 September, add to cart, and check out on 9 September
- Limited Time Deals at 12 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 9 PM, and 10 PM
- $0.99 Flash Deal Relay at 9 AM and 9 PM
- Super Treasure Hunt: Hunt for voucher codes released at 12 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 9 PM, and 10 PM
- Add to Cart Challenge: Add to cart, share your cart and stand a chance to win $100 worth of vouchers
- Countdown to 9.9 Super Shopping Day during the Shopee Live Marathon from 9 PM to 12 AM
- Play Shopee Tree at 12 AM and 12 PM, and Shopee Quiz at 9 PM
9.9 Super Shopping Day (9 September)
18% cashback flash vouchers released at 9 time slots, 12 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, 6 PM, 8 PM, 9 PM, 10 PM, and 11 PM
- Hourly Flash Deals
- $0.99 Deal Of The Hour
- $0.99 Flash Deals Relay (9 AM and 9 PM)
- Curated Flash Sales:
- 12 AM: Electronics and Fast-moving Consumer Goods bundles
- 12 PM: Tickets and food deals
- 1 PM: Mooncake deals
- 2 PM: 1-For-1 bubble tea deals
- Super-Sized Million $ Discount
- Super-sized Million $ Discount Limited Deals, Flash Vouchers, Brands Spotlight featuring Apple, Dyson, and more
- 99 Million $ Discount Limited Deals released at 12am including Apple Airpods Pro, Nintendo Switch Gen 2, and Apple Macbook Pro
- Million $ Discount Flash Vouchers released at 12 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, and 9 PM
- 2-Hour Brands Flash Sale
- Brand Box Extravaganza featuring brands such as Kinohimitsu, Razer, and more
- 9 AM and 9 PM Super Hour – Upsized promotions including Super Flash Vouchers, $0.99 Flash Deals Relay, Upsized Million $ Discount flash vouchers and limited deals with extra rebates, Shopee Farm, and Shopee Shake
New interactive in-app games
With shoppers increasingly looking for a personalised, engaging, and social experience, Shopee introduced a new in-app game – Shopee Bubble – and features to bring users super-sized entertainment during 9.9 Super Shopping Day.
- Shopee Bubble – Shopee’s newest game where players pop all the bubbles before their screen gets flooded in order to win LiHo vouchers and GrabFood vouchers
- Shopee Farm – Shopee Farm introduces a new Shake Tree, where users can shake their tree at specific times of the day by shaking their phones, in order to earn bonus water and Shopee Coins. Players can also plant their trees to win exclusive Visa vouchers.
- ShopeePoly – Explore a carnival of games with Phua Chu Kang and win over $10,000 worth of prizes
- Shopee Shake – From 1 to 9 September, Shopee Shake will run daily at 12 AM, three times at 12 AM, 12 PM, and 10 PM during Games Day on 4 Sep and 9.9 Super Shopping Day on 9 September
- Shopee Squad – Team up with friends and family and shop to earn points and prizes such as a tech bundle worth over $3,000 including Apple iPad, Nintendo Switch, Philips TV, Xiaomi mi Note 10 Lite, Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer, and KitchenAid Mixer
Scaled up partnerships with brands and industry players
Users can look forward to exclusive perks from Shopee’s 9.9 partners including Gain City, MUJI, Pokémon Center, and more.
- 9.9 Super Sweet Treats – Stand to win up to nine $99 Shopee vouchers when customers purchase co-branded flavours and deals from popular ice-cream brands: Häagen-Dazs, Udders, and Yole
- Häagen-Dazs: From 20 August to 12 September on weekdays, buy double and get double scoops free
- Udders: From 20 August to 12 September, buy the Shopee x Udders co-branded flavour – Salted Caramel
- Yole: From 3 September to 17 September, buy the Shopee x Yole co-branded flavour – Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
- Play limited edition slice games with Häagen-Dazs, Udders, and Yole: Slice and win $3,000 worth of Häagen-Dazs vouchers, 99 scoops of Nuude by Udders ice-cream, and 99 cups of Yole ice-cream, and more
- Shopee Super Brands – From 28 August to 9 September, shop in stores with Shopee Mall brands including Gain City, MUJI, Hei Sushi, Sakae Sushi, SK Jewellery, and Pokémon Center to get an exclusive co-branded gift card containing Shopee vouchers and promo codes
- Shopee x Singtel – Singtel postpaid users can enjoy unlimited data when browsing on Shopee on 9 September. From 8 September, 9 PM onwards, users can claim a promo code on the My Singtel app to get unlimited data access on Shopee for 24 hours.
- Exclusive bank vouchers – On 4 September, pre-claim selected bank vouchers at 12 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM. Get up to $35 off with selected bank credit cards for 9.9 Super Shopping Day on 9 September.
- Shopee x Visa – From 20 August to 23 September, Shopee partners with Visa to showcase #WhereYouShopMatters
- Check out with a Visa credit card to get $10 off minimum spend of $9
- 0 for purchases made from sellers featured on Shopee’s Support Local microsite
- Plant Visa vouchers on Shopee Farm and harvest local produce and Visa vouchers
- Get up to $40 off with selected bank vouchers at 12 AM, 12 PM, and 9 PM on 9 September
Phua Chu Kang – Shopee’s first Singaporean brand ambassador
Shopee also announced its partnership with cultural icon Phua Chu Kang – its first brand ambassador for Singapore. The partnership reflects Shopee’s continued commitment to support and unite local communities, including homegrown businesses, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The appointment of a local ambassador in Singapore marks yet another milestone for Shopee as it continues to build on a hyper-localised approach, deepening its engagement with local audiences. In his role as local ambassador of Shopee, Phua Chu Kang will work with the e-commerce platform on a wide range of initiatives and campaigns as it heads into the year-end shopping season, aimed at engaging and uplifting users as e-commerce continues to gain greater significance in the lives of Singaporeans.
Phua Chu Kang will be the face of various Shopee campaigns, starting with Shopee’s signature annual shopping event, 9.9 Super Shopping Day. In particular, he will join Shopee across various initiatives to engage and connect with Singaporeans, including exclusive appearances on Shopee Live and other marketing campaigns.
For more information about 9.9 Super Shopping Day, visit here. View the 9.9 Super Shopping Day TVC here.