ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) announces the new ROG Phone 3 series, the latest generation of the world’s most powerful and exciting gaming smartphone. The series includes the flagship ROG Phone 3 and the ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition.
The ROG Phone 3 is the most powerful ROG Phone ever, using the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform, which enables staggering multi-gigabit 5G connectivity and advanced Wi-Fi 6 performance, desktop-level gaming with ultra-realistic graphics, professional-quality high-resolution photography, and intuitive AI experiences. The ROG Phone 3 also features Snapdragon Elite Gaming, which delivers ultrasmooth HDR gaming experiences with a sustained performance for longer periods of time.
With up to 16 GB of the latest LPDDR5 RAM and up to an ultrafast 512 GB UFS 3.1 ROM, the ROG Phone 3 delivers the ultimate in overall performance, so gamers can enjoy a super-smooth gaming experience with absolutely no limitations or compromises.
The enhanced X Mode performance-optimisation software now allows customisation of different system parameters to suit any gaming or using scenario.
The upgraded GameCool 3 cooling system has a redesigned 3D vapour chamber, a large graphite film behind the screen to maximise heat transfer, and an enlarged heat sink that is precisely located to eliminate hotspots. The new cooling system is one of the most effective thermal solutions available on a mobile device and can remove and dissipate the heat generated during full-speed operation via specially designed vents in the back cover. For extra cooling during marathon gaming sessions, the new AeroActive Cooler 3 clip-on external fan accessory has been completely redesigned to deliver increased airflow to the hotspots on the casing to lower an astounding amount of heat for greater and longer performance.
Groundbreaking new ROG HyperFusion technology combined with multi-antenna Wi-Fi and 5G allows simultaneous connections to Wi-Fi and the mobile network, with intelligent redirection to whichever has the best signal.
The ROG Phone 3 is equipped with a stunning 144 Hz / 1 ms AMOLED 10-bit display. It is combined with an industry-leading 270 Hz touch-sampling rate that dramatically decreases touch latency to an unprecedented 25 ms, delivering the extreme responsiveness needed to sustain a winning streak.
Each display is carefully colour-calibrated to ensure Delta-E colour accuracy of less than one. There is also HDR10+ high-dynamic range support for enhanced visual realism. To minimise eye strain while delivering impeccable visuals, the ROG Phone 3 passes TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light (Hardware Solution) and Flicker Reduced certifications.
The monster 6000 mAh battery in the ROG Phone 3 has stamina that can be relied on for even the longest battles. There are multiple passive power-saving mechanisms, including an exclusive hibernate function that can proactively limit background data and power usage in selected apps.
Built for gamers, by gamers
Upgraded AirTrigger 3 technology provides extra-precise ultrasonic touch controls along the edges of the phone. The gesture capabilities of the AirTrigger 3 side sensors have been further enhanced, including a newly added swipe gesture and dual-partition button emulation. There is also a brand-new motion sensor that adds another gesture to the armory, allowing gamers to control the action by shaking the device.
The unique side-mounted USB-C charging port lets users keep their battery topped up without cramping their style while gaming. The port also connects accessories such as the AeroActive Cooler 3, which features a pass-through USB-C connector, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a new kickstand on the back to support the ROG Phone 3 on a desk or table for a better viewing and gaming experience.
There is now a dedicated Game Mode to further enhance in-game sound effects for immersive gameplay. The powerful dual front-facing speakers positioned at the top and bottom of the phone are now more capable of delivering richer and detailed sound, giving perfect stereo imaging in landscape mode. The ROG Phone 3 also supports Qualcomm aptX Adaptive for low-latency high-quality audio over Bluetooth connections.
The ROG Phone 3 introduces ROG Connect, a new online social community — built into the Armoury Crate app — that allows the ROG Phone 3 owners to join and play with friends or squads, or even wow the crowd with their uploaded genius gameplay footage and screenshots.
The unrivalled range of modular accessories for the ROG Phone 3 includes the new modular ROG Kunai 3 Gamepad which adds physical console-like gamepad controls to ROG Phone 3; the new ROG Lighting Armor Case for a stunning appearance; and ROG Clip to attach the phone to selected console controllers for the ultimate mobile gaming experience. The ROG Phone 3 can also be expanded to provide true 144 Hz dual-screen gameplay with the new TwinView Dock 3, and the Mobile Desktop Dock allows gamers to connect a desktop keyboard and mouse for a desktop-like gaming experience on an external TV or monitor.
The ROG Phone 3 is also proudly partnering with Stadia and Unity to establish a truly integrated gaming ecosystem. Together, the partnership aims to build a more complete mobile gaming experience for today’s gamers by providing their favourite gaming content on the go.
Full Product Specification
- ROG Phone 3: 3.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform with 7 nm, 64-bit Octa-Core Processor
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition: 2.84 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G Mobile Platform with 7 nm, 64-bit Octa-core Processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 650
- Android 10 with new ROG UI
- 6.59” 19.5:9 (2340 x 1080) 144 Hz / 1 ms AMOLED 10-bit HDR display
- 650 nits outdoor readable brightness
- 1,000 nits peak brightness
- Delta-E < 1
- DCI-P3 support and 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Supports Always On
- Capacitive touchscreen with 10-point multitouch (supports glove touch)
- 171 x 78 x 9.85 mm
- 240 g
- 6000 mAh typical capacity
- ROG Phone 3: Up to 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition: 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- ROG Phone 3: Up to 512 GB UFS 3.1 ROM
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition: 256 GB UFS 3.1 ROM
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Face recognition, Accelerator, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Hall sensor, Ambient light sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 3 and grip press
11. Wireless Technology
- Integrated dual-band WiFi 6 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2×2 MIMO)
- Bluetooth 5.1 (BR/EDR+LE), supports Qualcomm aptX Adaptive
- WiFi Direct
- GNSS support GPS(L1/L5), Glonass(L1), Galileo(E1/E5a), BeiDou(B1/B2a), QZSS(L1/L5) and NavIC(L5)
13. I/O Ports
- Custom USB-C
- Supports USB 3.1 Gen 2 / DisplayPort 1.4 (4K UHD) / fast charging (PD 3.0) (30-watt)
- 30-watt ROG HyperCharge direct charging
- Supports USB 2.0 / fast charging (PD 3.0) (30-watt) / direct charging
14. Front Camera
- 24 MP
15. Rear Camera
- 64 MP (Main camera Sony IMX686)
- 13 MP (125° ultrawide-angle lens)
- 5 MP (Macro)
16. Voice Wakeup
- Dual front-facing speakers with Dirac HD Sound
- Stereo speakers with dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifier
Specifications, content and product availability are all subject to change without notice and may differ from country to country. Actual performance may vary depending on applications, usage, environment and other factors.
Pricing and Availability
Details about local availability, configurations, and pricing will be announced later. The registration of Interest for the ROG Phone 3 starts today at ROG’s ROI landing page.