ASICS is excited to announce a revolutionary face cover for runners – the ASICS RUNNERS FACE COVER.
Created specifically for runners by world-renowned scientists, engineers and designers at the ASICS Institute of Sport Science (ISS), the face cover pairs cutting-edge design with innovative air vents that give runners the room to breathe comfortably, while preventing the spread of droplets. The face covers quick-drying material helps cool the air that reaches its interior.
The face cover has been designed in direct response to major concerns about how to run safely as lockdown eases, with ongoing global research by ASICS revealing that 66% globally of regular exercises avoid certain routes or spaces to maintain social distance with others.
Together, the unique, innovative design and cutting-edge materials allow runners of all levels to exercise without compromising performance or protection.
Scientists at the ISS have responded to the unique needs of runners with a series of technologies and design features including:
- Interior Space – The unique curved structure creates more room inside the face cover to allow for easier breathing when running.
- Strategically Placed Air Vents – Air vents innovatively placed on the face cover provide unobstructed airflow while preventing the spread of droplets.
- Quick-drying, Washable Fabric – Cutting-edge material cools the air flowing into the mouth, improving breathability and comfort. The water repellent, washable fabric makes cleaning easier.
- Comfort Fit – Specifically designed to accommodate a wide range of faces with an adjustable cord to ensure fit– helping prevent fog build-up when wearing glasses.
- Sustainable Design – Produced with approximately 31% recycled materials.
Tests show that the ASICS RUNNERS FACE COVER significantly improves breathability and comfort with runners feeling little to almost no difference from wearing no mask. Importantly, this is maintained even when running at higher speed where conventional masks inhibit performance.
The new ASICS RUNNERS FACE COVER will be available here from October at a retail price of S$55.
For expert advice, training plans and more information about how to run, people can follow #RunToFeel or visit here.