In conjunction with the GetActive!Singapore 2020 campaign, Co-organisation Pte Ltd is partnering New Balance to launch #SGOutrunCovid, a solidarity initiative to inspire resilience and unite everyone through fitness in the time of a global health crisis.
#SGOutrunCovid is a nationwide campaign that encourages participants to set their own rules and take control of their well-being, anytime, anywhere.
From 15 June to 8 August 2020, #SGOutrunCovid invites all individuals to participate in a virtual race simply by clocking a minimum distance of 1km for their walk, jog or run via their fitness tracking devices, mobile apps or treadmills, and sending a screenshot of the total distance covered (in km) and duration of activity to the initiative’s official Instagram page (@SG.Outrun.Covid) through Instagram Direct message.
Participation is FREE and multiple submissions are welcome.
As part of #SGOutrunCovid’s commitment to show support and gratitude to the healthcare heroes who are contributing to our ongoing fight against Covid-19, New Balance pledges to donate 50 pairs of shoes to local frontline medical workers for every collective 10,000km clocked, up to 350 pairs of shoes.
While working towards staying active and keeping a healthy mind, body and spirit during the crisis, participants can also follow @SG.Outrun.Covid on Instagram to:
- Track the nation’s progress of the #SGOutrunCovid virtual race
- Get fitness tips and engage with local Team New Balance athletes via IG Live
- Stay active with the #StayHome & Workout #WithMe IGTV series hosted by Team New Balance athletes
- Learn more about proper running etiquette amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
Aside from the #SGOutrunCovid initiative in Singapore, New Balance has also stood united alongside the global community and its frontline medical workers by aiding them in their fight against COVID-19:
- US$2 million to relief efforts aimed at local, regional, and global communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Collectively donated more than US$1 million worth of footwear to frontline medical workers in the US, and is working to develop, manufacture and deliver facial masks to hospital personnel amidst the shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Move forward with fortitude and be a part of the #SGOutrunCovid initiative. Participate in the #SGOutrunCovid virtual race today and let’s finish strong as a nation to support Singapore’s fight against the pandemic.