Our Tampines Hub is celebrating the Spring Festival with a month-long community engagement programme that includes a Chinese New Year Bazaar, exciting stage performances including lion dances, Chinese drum acts, Chingay float displays and stilt walker performers for the Tampines community.
Here’s everything you need to know:
CNY Bazaar – today till 22 January (11 AM – 10 PM)
The CNY Bazaar showcases close to 30 stalls and residents can browse through a huge array of traditional festive goodies from mouth-watering delicacies like sweets, traditional cookies and pineapple cakes, to decorative items like CNY couplets, potted plants and even festive clothing.
Check out homegrown bakery brands such as Swee Heng and Gin Thye for local favourites.
OTH Community Lo Hei – 1 February (11 AM)
As part of the festivities, OTH will attempt to garner a total of 2,500 participants in Singapore’s biggest and the first-of-its-kind vegetarian community Lo Hei as part of its 2020 Chinese Lunar New Year Celebrations. The aim is to secure a spot in the Singapore Book of Records for the largest vegetarian Community Lo Hei.
Admission is free to the public.
CNY Concert ‘Spring Melodies’ – 8 February (6 PM – 9:30 PM)
Hosted by radio DJs Jeff Goh and Leelian Chua, OTH will be organising a CNY Concert ‘Spring Melodies’ at the Town Square for all Tampines residents and Hub visitors on 8 February.
- 6 PM – Chinese orchestra music by Pasir Ris Secondary School
- 6:30 PM – Cultural performances featuring three dance and music troupes from China
- 6:45 PM – Opening performance by Drum Feng
- 7 PM – Musical concert:
- Xinyao songs by Hong Shao Xuan and Li Fei Hui
- Mandarin songs by Wysom Wong
- Songs from Chinese TV serials by Bonnie Lu
- 9 PM – LED Lion and Dragon dance performance
Chingay Float Displays – 9 February (7 PM – 9:30 PM)
Visitors will be treated to a display of several colourful Chingay floats that epitomises the dynamism of Singapore’s vibrant and multicultural society. OTH’s Festive Drive will be transformed into an interactive night carnival for the fiesta, where members of the public can mingle with Chingay performers and get up close to the floats. Look out for ‘battle’ between stilt walkers and sky runners performing alongside each other.
OTH Festive Mall Promotions – today till 24 January
- Redeem a set of specially designed Red Packets and Mandarin Orange Carrier Bag with a minimum spend of $30 for Tampines Residents and OTH PAssion Card Members.
- Redeem a FREE Lo Hei Plate & 8-set Chopsticks with a minimum spend of $60 for Tampines Residents and OTH PAssion Card Members.
- Simply spend any amount to buy $100 worth of Festive Mall vouchers to get $15 worth of F&B vouchers FREE. Tampines residents will be entitled to receive $20 worth of vouchers FREE instead. Limited to 50 redemptions per time slot; 10 AM and 8 PM daily excluding Saturday and Sunday. Redemption for first 50 pax per time slot is only valid with presentation of up to 3 same-day combined original receipts from purchase/s made at OTH Festive Mall. Terms & Conditions apply.
Children can also immerse themselves in the festivities and take wefies with a roving Cai Shen Ye (God of Fortune) who will be at the Hub at 2 PM and 7 PM on selected weekends:
- 11-12 January
- 18-19 January
- 1-2 February
Set to the rhythmic beat of drums, residents and visitors can enjoy lively performances by lion dance troupe Tian Ying executing stunts atop high poles to usher in the Lunar New Year (1 and 2 February at 2 PM).
For more information on other exciting activities at OTH, check out on Facebook.