Samsung introduces an exclusive Under Armour Edition of the recently announced Galaxy Watch Active2.
Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition is a new type of smartwatch, designed for dedicated runners who want to take their fitness to the next level – unlocking performance advantages that help runners optimize their form and reduce the risk of injury through its unique features.
With unique features such as cadence based real-time form coaching and premium access through MapMyRun, the Galaxy ecosystem experience on the smartwatch offers faster fitness insights, more intuitive coaching, and more comprehensive workouts accessible directly from the wrist.
Always-on Running Coach
The Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition provides real-time form and fitness coaching. Using data from the smartwatch or from Under Armour Connected Footwear, users will see visual feedback and hear audio cues during workouts, which will help improve their stride, maintain their pace and continue on the path to conquering their fitness goals.
The Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition encourages users to set personalized goals such as pace, distance and duration, and will provide audio cues and haptic feedback throughout their run. The wearer will receive comprehensive feedback that helps them adjust their form. Post-workout, users will receive in-depth form analysis and detailed coaching tips on their smartphone, offering an in-depth perspective on running technique.
The Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition includes six months of free MapMyRun Premium Membership, giving consumers access to training plans.
During workouts, it displays key data such as heart rate, pace and form, so users can view real-time stats and see how their progress compares to their plans. When paired with the Galaxy Buds, users can immerse themselves in their run with audio coaching cues at certain intervals throughout their workout. By connecting to their smartphones, users will be able to see more detailed workout reports with added insights following their run.
Stay Connected with Every Stride
Exclusively on the Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition, pairing the smartwatch with the UA HOVR Connected running shoes offers users up-to-the-minute stats on stride length and real-time form coaching. By providing detailed data and concrete tips for improvement, your shoes and your watch turn every run into a personal training session.
Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition Specification
- 40mm Aqua Black with Mod Gray Fluoroelastomer (FKM) strap
- 44mm Aqua Black with Black Fluoroelastomer (FKM) strap
- Dimensions and Weight
- Aluminum case–44mm models: 44 x 44 x 10.9T, 30g
- Aluminum case–40mm models: 40 x 40 x 10.9T, 26g
- 44mm models: 1.4” (34mm) 360 x 360 Super AMOLED, Full colour Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX+
- 40mm models:1.2” (30mm) 360 x 360 Super AMOLED, Full colour Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX+
- 44mm models: 20mm interchangeable
- 40mm models: 20mm interchangeable
- 44mm models: 340mAh
- 40mm models: 247mAh
- Chipset – Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz
- OS – Tizen
- Memory – 768MB + 4GB
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC A-GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/BeiDou
- Sensor – Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- Charging – WPC based wireless charging
- Durability – 5ATM + IP68 / MIL-STD-810G
- PUI – 2 Buttons, Touch Bezel (digital)
- Compatibility – Samsung, other Android devices: 5.0 or higher, RAM 1.5GB or above iPhone: iPhone 5 and above, iOS 9.0 or above
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition will be available in 2H 2019. For more information about the Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition, visit here.