Singapore’s second Amazon Prime Day is here, and it’s bigger and better than ever.
As loyal customers would know, Prime Day began at midnight on Monday, 15 July, and for the first time, it’s going to be two full days of Amazon’s best deals, exclusively for Prime members. If you’re not a Prime member yet, now’s the best time to join Prime (S$2.99 per month) or start your 30-day free trial!
It’s been two years since Amazon’s official Prime membership launched in Singapore, and we had a talk the other day with Henry Low, Country Manager, Amazon Singapore and Director of Amazon Asia-Pacific Holding Pte Ltd, to look at how the company is innovating and expanding its products and services for Singaporean customers.
“We work day in, day out to offer the best customer experience we can, underpinned by vast selection, low prices, and fast delivery,” says Low. “These three things are at the heart of what we do at Amazon.”
Amazon prides itself on its 2-hour delivery service Prime Now, which curates a selection of tens of thousands of essentials. In addition to this selection, Amazon has introduced Global Store in Singapore, which allows customers to buy products directly from international merchants with no hassle.
Low shares that the company uses customer feedback to refine and expand the Prime product range, adding new categories and brands according to what customers want. For instance, Amazon has been “increasing [their] organic food selection as one perennial favourite amongst [their] Singapore customers is healthy foods.”
Also bundled in with the Prime membership is Twitch Prime, which includes free in-game loot every month, plus exclusives and surprises; and Prime Video, a video-on-demand service with access to exclusive Amazon Originals.
Access to these video services means that this Prime Day, with a membership or 30-day free trial, you’ll get to stream the Prime Day Concert, featuring Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, SZA, and Becky G, and more! Plus, gamers get access to the Twitch Prime Crown Cup, featuring Apex Legends and EA Sports.
Entertainment aside, the main star of Prime Day is, of course, the shopping deals. Some of the best ones this year include savings up to:
- 60% on Fitbit Blaze and up to 55% on select speaker and soundbar brands including Sonos, Bose, Sony, Logitech, and JBL
- 20% on Nintendo Switch Consoles (Pikachu and Eevee editions) and up to 54% on select gaming accessories including HyperX gaming mouse and headsets
- 51% on select KitchenAid product categories across stand mixer, cast iron cookware, and kettle
- 52% on beauty and make-up products from Vichy, La Roche-Posay, LANEIGE, Bioderma, Neutrogena, Hada Labo, L’Oreal, and Maybelline
- 47% on beverages like Coca Cola Zero, Cocolife Coconut Water, San Pellegrino, and Schweppes
- 52% on select vacuum cleaners from iRobot, Black & Decker, Bosch, and ECOVACS ROBOTICS
- 61% on select Fisher-Price products like Musical Lion Walker, Royal Stepstool Potty, and tablet
With two entire days’ worth of extra discounts and deals, along with more frequent refreshes than last year, it’s clear that Amazon continues “working hard to ensure that [they] offer the best possible shopping experience to Prime members in Singapore.”
The clock is ticking, so head on down to shop the Prime Day sales right now—and make sure you check back every couple of hours, because new deals will be launching until 11.59pm tonight!