According to the Meteorological Service Singapore, Singapore’s temperatures are rising twice as fast as the global rate. This makes us not just sweaty but also bothered and hot-headed.
Instead of thinking of having air-conditioning installed in your home, why not consider the Dyson Pure Cool Me personal purifying fan to keep you cool on your head, with purified air at that.
Here are 6 reasons why you’ll need a Dyson Pure Cool Me personal purifying fan in Singapore
1. Helps you to stay cool
Not only does the Dyson Pure Cool Me personal purifying fan looks cool, but it also features Dyson’s latest air projection technology. Dyson Core Flow technology is designed to cool you comfortably.
Inspired by the aerodynamic properties in the Harrier Jump Jet, Dyson engineers discovered that when two jets of air meet on a convex surface, they converge to create a high-pressure core and a focused stream of air. By harnessing this phenomenon, they developed a way to project a stream of precise and focused air to cool you.
2. Cools you with cleaner air, not dirty air
Common everyday household products, like perfume, hair sprays and air fresheners can release Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Cooking can release PM2.5.
The unique HEPA filtration system on Dyson Pure Cool Me personal purifying fan captures 99.95% of ultrafine particles and allergens such as pollen and mould spores, and activated carbon absorbs and traps gases, odours and household fumes such as VOCs. It captures even the smallest of particles, down to 0.1 microns. For reference, that is 300 times narrower than a human hair.
3. Might help your relationship with your partner, or your colleagues.
Research has shown that men and women feel and respond to temperature differently; women feel the cold more than men and are more sensitive to lower temperatures. On average, women are comfortable at a temperature of 2.5C warmer than men – from 24 to 25C.
Adjusting the dome at the top of the Dyson Pure Cool Me personal purifying fan allows you to precisely control the angle of the airflow. The machine also features 70-degree oscillation for even more customization.
4. Great for night-time use.
Equipped with an intelligent light sensing system, the machine actively tracks the ambient light and automatically dims or brightens the built-in LCD screen in real time to blend in with your surrounding environment. When the light goes out during bedtime, the LCD screen automatically dims. A sleep timer can also be set, so the machine will turn off after preset intervals ranging from 30 minutes to 8 hours.
The machine is acoustically engineered to be as quiet as possible. A layer of acoustic attenuation foam in the base of the machine absorbs excess noise from the motor.
To ensure it is pleasant to use in close proximity, acoustic engineers from Dyson conducted more than 1000 tests in Dyson’s semi-anechoic chamber, measuring both sound volume and sound quality, in short distances from the machine.
5. It’s safe for kids and pets.
No blades, so it is safe for tiny fingers and little paws.
6. It keeps the mozzies away.
Mosquitoes are weak fliers – flying approximately 1 to 1.5 miles per hour, depending on the species. They also don’t like crosswinds, so the airflow from the Dyson Pure Cool Me will help them at bay.
Other Summer Cooling Tips:
- Wear lightweight clothes. Wear lightweight and breathable fabrics such as linen, cotton or silk, and avoid wearing polyester. Lightweight fabric allows the heat that radiates off your body from being trapped, helping your body to cool down naturally.
- Close the curtains and blinds. Up to 30% of unwanted heat comes from your windows. Keep your blinds and curtains closed during the day will prevent sunlight and heat from entering a room.
- Take warm showers. Contrary to popular belief, warm showers might be a better option during hot weather. Warm showers lower your body temperature, as it increases blood flow to the skin, boosting heat loss from your body. On the contrary, cold showers will cause your pores to contract, trapping the heat within your body.
- Cook light or cook outside. Cooking with stove or oven indoors will increase temperatures in your home. Instead, opt for something that involves minimal preparation or cook in an outside area.
Now that you’ve unlocked the secrets to keeping the summer heat at bay, get your own Dyson Pure Cool Me today and enjoy a cool summer at home.