Bringing Singaporeans one step closer to their summer escape this June holidays, Klook is pleased to launch the first-ever Thai Open House, a week-long event at Plaza Singapura, celebrating all Thailand has to offer together with the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
Travellers are free to explore and discover the different Thai cities beyond the well-known capital, Bangkok. Adding a touch of modernity to the open house concept, the Klook app is instrumental for visitors wanting to skip the queues and participating in the on-site activities to win prizes.
The event area will comprise of an experiential zone where visitors can learn more about the different travel destinations in Thailand; retail booths by Shop JJ, the go-to marketplace for all things Chatuchak; five delicious food booths that offer a tantalising taste of Thailand including Gu Thai Boat Noodles and Uncle G’s Handmade Roast pork; and a stage where travel talks and cultural performances will be held.
Thai Open House Event Details
Date: 21 – 26 May 2019 (Tues – Sun)
Time: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Venue: Atrium @ Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238839
Visitors can also look forward to:
- Travel talks held on the weekend of 25-26 May by experts. Topics include:
- “Smiles, Sanuk and Songkran” by travel correspondent Amy Tan from The Straits Times
- “Hidden Gems of Bangkok and Beyond” by The Travel Intern
- “Thailand on a budget” by The Smart Local
- “Guide to Khao Kho” by Tripcanvas
- “Level up your Travel Photography” by Tripeaks Imagery
- A gamut of Thai activities including cooking demonstrations by Baan Ying Restaurant, cultural performances, handicrafts and Roti Sai Mai (Ayutthaya candy floss crepes) sampling by Tourism Authority of Thailand
- A photo exhibition featuring Thai scenes of nature, lifestyle and culture.
- An “Ask Klook” booth where staff will be on-hand to answer queries and dispense travel advice
- A “bring a friend” booth – where existing Klook users and their new-to-Klook friends can each receive $10 vouchers
- Exclusive Klook promo code for all attendees
Thai Open House F&B Booths
- Co+Nut+ink scoop-me-up (Famous Coconut Ice Cream)
- Uncle G’s Handmade
- Gu Thai Noodle Café
- Baan Ying (Original Siam Recipes)
Thai Open House Retail Booths
Klook will be giving away 45 trips worth $500 each during this week-long event! To stand a chance to win, visitors simply need to pre-book their food on the Klook app or design their ideal Thai itinerary at the experiential zone of the event and post it online with the hashtag #KlookOpenHouse.
Klook credit, which can be used for more than 270 destinations, will also be up for grabs.