Royal Vending today announces the launch of Boardwalk AdVENDture, a truly unique intelligent retailing journey at the Sentosa Boardwalk that dispenses joy.
From 12 March 2019, visitors to the Sentosa Boardwalk will have access to a myriad of offerings. Novel vending machines set up along the iconic walkway create a Smart Nation themed experience that provides an exciting sneak peek into the future of retail. With over 50 brands just a click of a button and a tap of a card away, the boardwalk is transformed into a retail walking attraction.
Experience a stroll full of surprises
Guests taking a leisurely stroll between the islands will be greeted by 35 cashless-enabled vending machines across four curated clusters – catering to different needs at every point of the 670m scenic walk. Boardwalk AdVENDture showcases products, brands and concepts, featuring close to 70% first-time vending machine vendors, that complement the larger ecosystem around Sentosa.
Starting off from VivoCity, the first ‘Fresh Point’ cluster kicks off with snacks, refreshments and essentials that visitors can grab. The midway point houses a ‘Gift Street’ featuring souvenirs, local crafts and tourist favourites.
Boardwalk AdVENDture has a wide variety of last-minute necessities, available conveniently just before you enter Sentosa. It also features the ‘Fun Alley’ with game machines and outdoor must-haves. An air-conditioned ‘Foodie Zone’ awaits at the end, perfect for that much-needed re-fuel before a thrilling excursion into Sentosa.
Boardwalk AdVENDture features vending machines from several iconic brands and some of the highlights include:
- Art Faculty by Pathlight, a social enterprise vending machine featuring crafts and souvenirs by differently-abled artists
- su:m37° – debut of the brand’s first vending machine dispensing their signature beauty essentials including the secret essence
- LOVE SG, Singapore souvenirs and gifts with a heavy dose of local identity
- Just Sketch, unique memorabilia featuring iconic hand-sketched scenes of Singapore
- Banana Boat, sun protection essentials for when you have fun in the sun
- Klosh, inspirational gifts for family and friends
- Eureka Snacks, the trending popcorn snack that everyone is talking about
- Fragrance Bak Kwa, thrilling locals and tourists’ taste buds with their mouthwatering bak kwa and salted egg yolk snacks
- House of Seafood offering local delights like chilli crab, black pepper crab and salted egg crab
- Dedicated book vending machine, featuring local titles and biographies of famous local heroes encouraging reading on the go
- Bar Stop!, first semi-automated bar counter offering Singapore cocktails and locally crafted beers
- Dedicated cup noodle vending machine, featuring cup noodles from Koka and Nissin in assorted flavours
Automating the way forward
Boardwalk AdVENDture signals a strong future for automated and unattended retail solutions within the experiential tourism sector. Not only do visitors gain from the convenience of cashless payments and retail therapy on-the-go, local brands too get an opportunity to leverage this powerful retail channel to attract and serve new segments.
“Royal Vending’s Boardwalk AdVENDture will serve to further enrich the experience with 24-hour amenities like food and beverage (F&B) takeaways and other fun experiences while going to and from Sentosa,” said Jacqueline Tan, Assistant Chief Executive, Sentosa Development Corporation.