Ten Reasons to Visit Phu Quoc, Vietnam’s island paradise that puts Boracay and Phuket to shame
Step aside, Boracay and Phuket. Southeast Asia’s next big beach destination is Phu Quoc, a largely untouched paradise island in Vietnam with free 30 day visa on arrival, situated just 60 minutes from Ho Chi Minh City. With stunning beaches, colourful coral reefs and virgin rainforests just waiting to be explored, it is Southeast Asia’s best-kept secret.
There’s never been a better time to visit with the launch of Vinpearl’s newest hotel VinOasis Phu Quocin coming months, operated by Vietnam’s leading hospitality group Vinpearl. One of Phu Quoc’s keyresorts, VinOasis is situated on the stunning Bai Dai Beach, overlooking its white sand and turquoise waters.
Ten Reasons to Visit Phu Quoc
- Have Fun With All The Family: Find your inner child at Vinpearl Land Amusement Park, a 20- hectare family friendly entertainment centre which houses a water park, aquarium, outdoor and indoor gaming zones, a cinema and fairy-tale castle to explore.
- Enjoy a True Wildlife Experience: Get up close and personal with over 170 species of animals in the Vinpearl Safari, the biggest semi-wildlife safari park in Vietnam. With over 3,000 rare birds, reptiles and mammals roaming freely in an open area with no enclosures, visitors will get an insightful look at the Animal Kingdom.
- Feast on Fresh Seafood at Phu Quoc Night Market: A must for travellers, Phu Quoc Night Market offers a plethora of dining opportunities until late. Visitors can find about 100 stalls, more than half of which sell fresh seafood, street snacks, and beverages at affordable prices.
- Take Home Asia’s Best Peppers from Phu Quoc’s Pepper Farms: Known as “The PepperKingdom”, Phu Quoc’s locally grown pepper is considered the best variety in all of Asia, with1,100 tonnes produced every year. At traditional pepper plantations, travellers can bring back four different specially cultivated organic pepper types: Black, Red, Green or White Pepper.
- Discover the Home of Vietnam’s Fish Sauce: Tangy and pungent, Phu Quoc’s fish sauce is toVietnam what olive oil is to Italy and champagne is to France. In 2013, its fish sauce became the first Vietnamese product to be given the European Union’s Protected Designation of OriginStatus. Learn about the origins of this sauce by taking a walk down the distillery of Nuoc Mam Hung Thanh, the largest of Phu Quoc’s fish sauce makers.
- Get Steeped in History: Experience one of the most harrowing but moving memorials of the Vietnam War at Phu Quoc Prison, which has been repurposed as a museum.
- Get a Remote Island to Yourself: The Phu Quoc district consists of 28 islands, most of which are uninhabited. The most beautiful is Hon Xuong, which is often referred to as the Robinson Crusoe Island, and serves as a popular day trip from Phu Quoc Island.
- Experience Unique Marine Life: Phu Quoc’s waters teem with marine life, housing nearly 108 species of corals, 135 species of coral reef fish and 132 different types of mollusks. It’s one ofthe few places in Vietnam where unique species like dugong, the hawksbill turtle and green turtle can be spotted.
- Explore Phu Quoc’s UNESCO World Heritage National Park: Phu Quoc is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Part of the Kien Giang Biosphere, over 50% of the island is a protected National Park that features wild animals, lush forests, beaches and rugged mountains.
Related Post: Angus Mushroom Supreme returns at McDonald’s Singapore, added to Signature Collection with new Angus BLT
- Try Hands-On Squid Fishing: Hop onboard with a local expert to try your hand at the unique profession of squid fishing out at sea, and enjoy the sunset over the Gulf of Thailand.
Introducing VinOasis, the Epitome of Vietnamese Hospitality
Phu Quoc’s newest beach and entertainment resort, VinOasis, pulls together the finest in Vietnamese service and quality. VinOasis offers more than accommodation and pristine beaches, with top quality entertainment and activities for everyone to enjoy whether you’re a beach lover, amusement park thrill seeker or hobbyist golfer. Enjoy tranquil spa treatments, relaxing tee times, or take a ride into fairyland at Vinpearl Land.
The starting room rate is 2,400,000 VNĐ nett with breakfast included – this works out to around $142.
Learn more about Phu Quoc and VinOasis’ facilities at their official website.