Go green and be arty this school holidays at Goodman Open House – Re:Imagined, a family-friendly arts festival that offers art lovers of all ages a creative day out to enjoy.
Held in Goodman Arts Centre, Singapore’s largest arts enclave, this one-day festival and open house is not to be missed!
The festival will take on the theme of reimagining creative ways of art making in an environmentally sustainable fashion.
With over 20 different workshops and performances by Goodman’s resident artists and arts groups, junior and adult festivalgoers can immerse themselves in interactive activities, explore open studios and tours, check out exhibitions, and shop in a sustainable lifestyle market.
The inaugural 100 and 100 More Festival for Young Audiences by The Artground which runs from 25 May – 3 Jun 2018, also takes place during Goodman Open House – Re:Imagined.
Drop in workshops – be an artist for day! Learn how to repurpose used or broken objects into works of art or create acrylic art pieces! Activities are suited for ages 3 and above.
- DIY Acrylic & Mixed Media Painting Workshop by Steven Fang (11am – 5pm at Block O #02-65)
- One Wall at a Time by Mural Lingo (11am – 5pm at the Astroturf)
- Reimagine the Dining Table by Goodman Ceramic Studio (9am – 5pm at Block F & G, $10-20 and registration is compulsory)
Multi-disciplinary performances – catch one of many music and dance performances and join in an interactive segment where you can groove and jam along!
- Singapore: A Musical Tale by The Philharmonic Winds (11am – 11.30am at the Astroturf)
- Crosstalk Appreciation by Young People’s Performing Arts Ensemble (2pm – 3pm at the Multi-Purpose Studio 1)
- Sing-a-long, jam-a-long, play-a-long by Little Creatures (4pm – 5pm at the Multi-Purpose Studio 1)
Open Studio Sessions – try your hand at art creation and enrich your knowledge of art in the process!
Exhibitions – Visit “Superhero Me” and “Mural Lingo”, where the former features an interactive obstacle course for all ages and the latter features everyday objects which were repurposed and redesigned by artists for brand new uses.
Goodman Green Green Market – this sustainable eco-market features 30 vendors and you can grab a bite or purchase a reusable product here.
Date: 26 May 2018 (Saturday)
Venue: Goodman Arts Centre (nearest MRT: Mountbatten MRT Exit B)
Admission Fees: FREE