Cosmopolitan Hotel in Hong Kong has been renamed and rebranded as Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong in October 2016, following a series of rooms and lobby renovations and upgrades. This brings the hotel closer to the global Dorsett brand name.
During my trip to Hong Kong earlier this year with the family, we stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel before the rename and experienced most of the renovated facilities.
The 4-star hotel is situated amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay on Hong Kong Island Island. The Times Square subway station is an eight minutes walk and you can get to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre by bus or a 10 minute drive. There are several great eats nearby, including those recommended by the Michelin guide, all within a short walk from the hotel. You can approach the helpful hotel staff for more information on this.
The renovated new rooms and lobby look like this:
Hotel facilities and dining:
The hotel is a little far off from the subway and the main shopping areas in Hong Kong, but it makes up for it with the attractive rates as well as slew of facilities and amenities, especially for family travelers with little ones. To target family travelers, the hotel launched a Fantastic「4」Family holiday package where you get to choose from their signature Premier Room, Deluxe Family Quad Room, and Deluxe Triple Room family hotel promotions.
Why should family travelers stay at Dorsett Wanchai?
There are a slew of services specially tailored for the family and the promotional prices for their family package is at 25 percent off. More details are available on the official website.
- Mustela’s baby-care products for babies up to 3 years old and Johnson & Johnson products for older children
- Personalised dental kits, child-sized bathrobes and slippers
- Welcome gifts such as snack boxes and teddy bears
- In-room sweet treats surprise
- Mobile storybook library featuring modern and classic tales
- Complimentary 2-hour baby-sitting service (subject to availability)
- Complimentary daily breakfast for the whole family
- All rooms come with a free smart phone for the convenience of families to use inside the hotel and all-around Hong Kong.
- The smart phone offers unlimited internet and allows you to make free local and IDD calls to Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, UK so you can easily keep in contact with loved ones overseas.
- Free shuttle bus to Ocean Park if you purchase park tickets at the hotel’s concierge desk.
- Free shuttle bus service to 15 major downtown attractions.
- Entitlement to a full 24-hour stay (flexible check-in time; offer is exclusive for bookings made via hotel official website only)
If you are looking for a more luxurious stay, you can check into their premium rooms like the signature Deluxe Course View Room which offers a breathtaking view of the horse racing grounds and sport field in front of the hotel.
There is also a Sony themed room for the audiophiles and movie buffs:
Last but not least, the super cute Ocean Park themed room for the family:
If you are traveling to Hong Kong for a vacation and need to book an accommodation suitable for the whole family with little ones, consider making use of the family promotion at Dorsett Wanchai! 🙂