Coffee A Different Way @ ArtScience Museum – By NESCAFE® Dolce Gusto®
NESCAFÉ® in partnership with KRUPS®, recently unveiled an innovation for coffee-lovers – the NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ Genio™ and Circolo™ Automatic flow stop systems. These two new introductions promise to ‘transform’ and ‘personalise’ our café-style coffee experience in the comfort of our home. NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ which means “very good taste” in Italian, seek to revolutionarise coffee enjoyment by allowing consumers to calibrate our own personalised perfect cuppa.
NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ Genio™ and Circolo™ was launched in Singapore last Wednesday (18 Apr) at a media event at the ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands. Guests were treated to a tour of pop art great, Andy Warhol – 15 Minutes Eternal Exhibition:
How good are these two systems?
Well, NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ was the Winner of the 2010 Product of the Year award – this accolade is the largest consumer-voted programme in North America to recognize innovation among consumer goods. NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ was distinguished by voters for its originality, sleek design and multitude of beverage varieties, both hot and cold.
Yes, both hot and cold!
The cold option shouts out loudly when read by Singaporeans who generally prefer cold beverages due to our 24-7 hot weather. I tried the iced cappuccino at the event and it was pretty good.
Best of all, other than just coffee, tea is available too – an important option in a mostly Asian population in Singapore, equally attuned to tea appreciation as coffee.
NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ is a system that combines the expertise and heritage of coffee-making by NESCAFÉ® with the hallmarks of KRUPS® precision, engineering and technical expertise. In conjunction with the launch of these two new beverage systems, three new brews were introduced: Vanilla Latte Macchiato, Caramel Latte Macchiato and Espresso Ristretto.
NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ has a new tagline too – “Coffee Is Not Just Black”. This was tested in multiple countries in Europe and Asia with good response:
From April 2012, the NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ GenioTM and CircoloTM Automatic flow stop systems will be available in Singapore. Here are some of their key features:
– The new Automatic Flow Stop feature makes preparation easier and more convenient with the help of an easy to use selection wheel and lighted dosage level indicator. You can adjust the taste of your favourite beverage to your liking.
– The only system that makes both Hot and Cold beverages. The patented technology allows you to make hot beverages such as Espresso, Cappuccino, Green Tea Latte and cold options like Cappuccino Ice and Peach Tea.
– All-in-One, no need for a separate milk frother and yet personalize your beverages with the scroll wheel selector. Using milk capsules, any coffee enthusiasts can produce frothy foam on varieties like Green Tea Latte and Chai Tea Latte, all with the convenience of a single machine;
– From classic Cappuccino to rich Espresso and satisfying Lattes, NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ has the beverage selection to satisfy your coffee desires;
– This versatile machine can also serve velvety chocolate and soothing tea varieties*;
– To date, NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ has over 25 varieties available worldwide. These will be made available over time for the Singapore market.
* Hot chocolate, more tea varieties will be made available in the Singapore market at later dates.
– Premium coffee quality and machine precision expertise, guaranteed by NESCAFE® and KRUPS® brand names;
– Patented Thermoblock technology optimizes the extraction pressure for each variety, delivering a 15 bar pressure system that is equal or superior to coffeehouse standards;
– Energy saving feature that automatically switches the machine off after a short idle time.
Consumers can also look forward to three new highly popular varieties by the mid-year:
Vanilla Latte Macchiato: Aromatic bold espresso with exceptional layers of froth and vanilla hinted milk that can be indulged anytime.
Caramel Latte Macchiato: A perfect blend of caramel, deep espresso and creamy froth – it’s a delicious escape whenever you need it.
Espresso Ristretto: A little shot of coffee heaven: shorter than an espresso, full bodied with a velvety crema layer.
The new systems with automatic features are now available in all electrical chain stores, selected departmental stores, selected supermarkets and hypermarkets, and authorized dealers, the suggested retail prices are as follows:
– Genio™: $259
– Circolo™: $339
– Beverage Capsules: $10.90 (for 16 capsules per box)
For detailed store listing and more information about NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™:
Toll Free Consumer Hotline (Singapore): 1800 836 7009
About NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™
The NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ multi-beverage system redefines “house blend,” offering aficionados the luxury and ease of brewing a rich variety of delicious, coffeehouse-quality coffees from the convenience of home. Recognizing that coffee cravings can change from day to day and from person to person, NESCAFÉ®, the world’s largest coffee brand, has teamed up with KRUPS®, the world leader in espresso coffee machines, to serve up a unique 15 bar pressure coffee. The NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO™ is a stylish machine that serves single-cup coffeehouse caliber coffee made of premium 100% Arabica beans. The machine has received accolades for its sleek design that brings a fun accent to all kitchen countertops. For more information: www.dolce-gusto.com.sg.