Select Page

ION Orchard Opening

ION Orchard Opening

After two and a half years from it’s ground breaking in 2006, ION Orchard finally had it’s soft opening on Tuesday. More than 70 per cent of its 335 stores will be new in Singapore, including jewellers-to-the-stars Harry Winston, Chinese sportswear retailer Li-Ning and Steve Madden Shoes.

The mega mall is part of a $2-billion retail and residential development called Orchard Turn, a joint venture between CapitaLand and Sun Hung Kai Properties.

About 70 per cent of the stores were open on Tuesday during the soft opening. It’s official opening is in October, by which 90 per cent of the stores will be open. The remaining 10 percent will open by next year.

The eight-storey mall is within a 218m-tall, 56-storey luxury building. The other 48 floors will contain 175 high-end apartments called The Orchard Residences. You can read more about ION Orchard via it’s official website or this article on Straits Times.com.

Rachel and I went to check it out on the first day. Below are some photos which I took:

Modern and chic interior decor

Modern and chic interior decor

Another picture of the interior

Another picture of the interior

Store that sells Japanese art and craft stuff

Store that sells Japanese art and craft stuff

Store selling nicely packaged Japanese tidbits and other food items

Store selling nicely packaged Japanese tidbits and other food items

Royce chocolate! The store is not as posh as the one in Japan, but still classy looking

Royce chocolate! The store is not as posh asin Japan, but still classy

Food kiosk selling Peking duck and roasted suckling pig

Food kiosk selling Peking duck and roasted suckling pig

Muji store besides the escalator

Muji store besides the escalator

High-class Burger King: Burger King Studio

High-class Burger King: Burger King Studio

Inside Burger King Studio

Inside Burger King Studio

Touch-screen mall directory - this should be the first in Singapore

Touch-screen mall directory - this should be the first in Singapore

I am assuming this belongs to BreadTalk; if not, its a really pathetic copycat with no imagination

I assume this belongs to BreadTalk; if not, it's a pathetic copycat with no creativity

This is finally here in Singapore

This is finally here in Singapore

Nice visual merchandising; I forgot which store this was though

Nice visual merchandising; I forgot which store this was though

Steve Madden Shoes which made Rachel goes gaga

Steve Madden Shoes which made Rachel goes gaga

Steven Madden interior

Steven Madden interior

China sports brand, Li Ning

China sports brand, Li Ning

Omega store

Omega store

Cartier store - we saw lots of people buying stuff from here on the first day

Cartier store - we saw lots of people buying stuff from here on the first day

Sephora store

Sephora store

Miu Miu store

Miu Miu store

Display outside YSL store

Display outside YSL store

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

About The Author

alvinology

Alvin is a marketer by day and blogger by night. He is a 100% geek who spends too much time surfing the web.

1 Comment

  1. Mal

    the touch screen directories are also installed at Tampines 1 😀 which is abit lower..

    Reply

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. The Singapore Daily » Blog Archive » Daily SG: 24 Jul 2009 - [...] the universe and everything - A L V I N O L O G Y: ION Orchard Opening -…
  2. The Singapore Daily » Blog Archive » Weekly Roundup: Week 30 - [...] at Odaiba - AngryAngMo: My Comment On The Official Singapore Etiquette - A L V I N O L…

Leave a Reply

GET LATEST UPDATE

Advertise with us

DHgate has all for travelling

Get in touch

Editor:
editor (at) alvinology (dot) com

Alvin Lim:
alvin (at) alvinology (dot) com

AM Collective:
claudia (at) alvinology (dot) com

Asia 361:
kat (at) asia361 (dot) com

Topics

Partners