The FIBA Intercontinental Cup Singapore 2023 has officially launched with an electrifying start, thanks to Singapore’s Minister for Culture, Community, and Youth, Mr. Edwin Tong. He kicked off the competition in style, throwing down a co-slam dunk alongside Singaporean basketball player Li Si Yi, who’s currently honing his skills with the Eng Tat Hornets.
The Battle for Glory
From September 21 to 24, 2023, the Singapore Indoor Stadium will play host to this four-day basketball extravaganza. Six international teams, including NBA G League Ignite, Zhejiang Golden Bulls, Sesi Franca, Al Ahly, Al Manama, and Telekom Baskets Bonn, will go head-to-head, all vying for the coveted championship trophy.
Basketball aficionados can also catch a high-voltage lunch-time exhibition game between Chinese Taipei’s Hsinchu Lioneers and Singapore’s very own Eng Tat Hornets on 23 September 2023, at 12 pm.
Fireside Chat with the Pros
During the event launch, fans had the incredible opportunity to engage in a fireside chat with basketball luminaries such as Norris Cole from Al Ahly, Izan Almansa from NBA G League Ignite, and Wu Qian from the Zhejiang Golden Bulls. Representatives from FIBA, Sport Singapore, and Kallang Alive Sport Management joined the conversation, discussing the rapid growth of basketball and the essential factors driving the sport’s development.
The session highlighted the FIBA Intercontinental Cup as a unique platform for fans to experience high-level basketball showcasing diverse playing styles from around the world. The players shared their deep passion for the sport and their commitment to delivering an exceptional performance for all basketball enthusiasts.
Captains of the Court Explore Haji Lane
Before the on-court action unfolds, the captains of all six competing teams gathered at Haji Lane, Singapore’s hub of street and community culture. They soaked in the vibrant atmosphere, witnessed Singapore’s unique culture blend, and captured memorable moments in this iconic location.
More Than Just Basketball
The FIBA Intercontinental Cup Singapore 2023 offers more than just thrilling basketball action. The fanzone promises an array of engaging activities suitable for the whole family:
- Immerse yourself in a visual feast with mural installations by renowned Southeast Asian street art crew, ZNC.
- Unleash your inner artist and get creative by crafting your very own basketball or designing a custom shirt, starting from just $10.
- Test your skills at the OCBC Square in daily challenges where you could win cash prizes and, of course, bragging rights.
- Savor delicious offerings from beloved cafes and local vendors, including Hue’s inventive take on Thai cuisine and The Fat Kid Bakery’s irresistible sourdough bombos.
- Enjoy live performances from local and international artists and bands at the OCBC Square as you wind down for the night.
Get Your Tickets
Don’t miss out on the live action! Secure your tickets here:
- Single Day Pass: Starting from $10 for youths aged 4-18 and $40 for standard tickets.
- Season Pass: Gain access to all games on all game days. Tickets start from $236.
- Courtside Pass: Elevate your experience with exclusive courtside seats, hospitality at the All-Star Lounge, meet-and-greet sessions with basketball legends, and a showcase of curated exhibits from the Sneakertopia collection. The pass is priced at $1,488.
Get ready for a basketball spectacle like no other as the FIBA Intercontinental Cup Singapore 2023 promises to deliver unforgettable moments on the court and off!