The start of 2022 brought new excitement for getting back ‘out there’ with our collective resolve to make up for lost time during quarantine. Social activities like travel and live events rebounded in record fashion, and dating was no exception.
Millions of young adults who started their dating lives in lockdown, showed they were definitely out and ready to mingle IRL, and unlike previous generations, they were dating on their terms and were done playing games.
With 2022 drawing to a close, Tinder’s Year in Swipe shares the top flirt flexes of the year. From new relationship labels and stances on social issues, to sober dating trends and the hot new emojis popping up in the chat, here’s the state of the date:
10 Essential Trends on Tinder in 2022
- Young singles are owning the situationship as a valid relationship status.
- Positivity was a major plus.
- The dinner date could soon be dead.
- More singles are raising a glass to sober dates.
- Being Funny, Fresh, and Forward was sexy AF.
- Stances on social issues could make or break a match.
- Nostalgia stanning was a flex.
- 8. The red flag & gaslighting emojis were trending for good reason.
- Revenge travel racked up the miles on Tinder.
- Amidst uncertainty and a triple mercury retrograde in 2022 singles were looking to the stars for guidance.
Global Top 10 interests of 2022 in Tinder profiles
- 90s Kid
- Trying New Things
- Street Food
- Road Trips
Singapore’s Top 10 Dating Anthems of 2022 from Spotify on Tinder
- Heat Waves – Glass Animals
- As It Was – Harry Styles
- Glimpse of Us – Joji
- STAY – The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber
- Ghost – Justin Bieber
- We Don’t Talk About Bruno – Encanto
- Bad Habit – Steve Lacey
- Bad Habits – Ed Sheeran
- Die for You – The Weeknd
- First Class – Jack Harlow
Singapore’s Top 10 Binges
Top 10 Passport Destinations
Young singles refer to 18-25 year old singles.