G-SHOCK announces a new limited edition for MR-G called Hana-Basara, commemorating the MR-G 25th anniversary.
Back when Japan was still divided up into competing domains, Samurai commanders who had unshakeable will and challenged conventional thinking were called Basara commanders. This name recognized not only their physical prowess but also their keen aesthetic sensibilities. They valued “Hana”, brilliance in their armour and helmet and sought innovative techniques and creative designs to express their individuality.
The bezel and band are applied with a traditional Japanese Kurogane-iro (literally iron-colour) DLC coating, which gives this model its main colouring. The Kurogane is a dark blue-green colour produced when armour and swords were heated during their forging. Brown ion plating (IP) is used for the case as well, while red around the face and green around the inset dials produce a calm colour combination inspired by the elegance and beauty of ancient Japanese armour.
In terms of finish and material, the bezel produced by COBARION which is 4 times harder than pure titanium is finished by Kazuhito Komatsu, who is a cutting and polishing artisan famous for Hana Shinjyu (faceted pearls). Facet cutting combines several small surfaces to maximize the transparency of a gemstone. Cutting metal with this method requires a very high level of skill. Maximum production per day was limited to just a few pieces.
Besides, the case and band are made of DAT55G titanium alloy, which is three times harder than pure titanium. This combines with the COBARION bezel to provide outstanding hardness for the entire watch.
In terms of functions, MRG-B2000 features auto time signal reception which gives you easier time adjustment and a smartphone link by Bluetooth to allow you to use the Application MR-G Connected. Also, this watch is solar-powered.
G-SHOCK MR-G Hana Basara Product Specification
- Construction – Shock-resistant
- Water Resistance – 200 meters
- Radio Frequency
- 77.5 kHz (DCF77: Germany)
- 60 kHz (MSF: UK)
- 60 kHz (WWVB: USA)
- 40 kHz (JJY: Fukushima, Japan)
- 60 kHz (JJY: Kyushu, Japan)
- 68.5 kHz (BPC: China)
- Radio Wave Reception – Automatic reception up to six times a day (except for use in China: up to five times a day)
- Solar Powered – Tough Solar
- World Time – 27 time zones, Home city time swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
- Stopwatch – 1 second; Measuring capacity: 23:59’59; Measuring mode: Elapsed time
- Countdown Timer – 1 second; Countdown range: 24 hours; Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments)
- Smartphone Link – Wireless linking using Bluetooth
- Alarm – Daily alarms
- Other Functions
- Magnetic resistan
- LED light (Super Illuminator) with afterglow
- Auto hand home position correction
- Hand shift feature (Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of sub dial)
- Power Saving (hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Date display
- Day indicator
- Accuracy at Normal Temperature – ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration and mobile link function)
- Battery Life
- 5 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 26 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of Case – 54.7 × 49.8 × 16.9 mm
- Total Weight – MRG-B2000BS:163g
The watch will be available at G-SHOCK MBS Premium and ION store from 23 July 2021.