Xiaomi announces the global release of Mi 11 with some groundbreaking improvements over its predecessor, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset, 108MP triple rear camera, cinematic audio, and 50W wireless charging.
Mi 11 boasts the world’s highest resolution 108MP wide-angle camera sensor for its primary shooter capturing crystal-clear images with great detail comparable only to that of professional-grade DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
A 13MP ultra-wide-angle camera and 5MP telemacro lens round out the rear camera setup, offering impressive landscape and detail shots with brilliant bokeh.
On the front, a 20MP punch-hole front camera minimizes bezels on the homescreen while still ensuring users look their best when snapping a selfie or video chatting with friends.
Improved night mode capabilities offer photo night mode on its cameras: primary, ultra-wide, and front. This redefines industry standards with its RAW-level noise reduction for brighter night shooting.
Six one-click AI cinema features including:
- Parallel World – duplicates and inverts your scene to give the appearance of a mirrored world
- Freeze Frame Video – freezes and clones video frames to create the illusion that parts of your video are frozen in time.
- Magic Zoom mode – creats an illusion of the camera simultaneously zooming in and out of the scene
Mi 11 now offers studio-level shooting control with its HDR10+ recording and new Pro Time-lapse mode, capable of adjusting shutter speed, ISO, aperture and EV to handle even the most challenging lighting situations. Studio-level control also extends to editing with advanced AI features, including AI Erase 2.0 which allows users to remove unwanted objects or lines from images with one simple click.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Full Specification
- 6.81” AMOLED quad-curve DotDisplay with TrueColor
- 20:9 Aspect ratio, WQHD+
- 120Hz refresh rate
- 480Hz touch sampling rate
- Color contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1 (typ)
- 900nits (typ), 1500nits max brightness (typ)
- Color gamut: Supports DCI-P3 Color accuracy: JNCD≈0.38，△E≈0.41
- 10-bit color depth
- HDR 10+, SGS Eye Care Display Certification
Color: Anti-glare frosted glass: Midnight Gray/Horizon Blue
Body: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
Dimensions: 164.3mm x 74.6mm x 8.06mm 196g (glass)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- 5nm power-efficient manufacturing process
- Octa-core design, ultra-large core Arm Cortex-X1
- AdrenoTM 660 GPU, 6th generation Qualcomm AI engine
- X60 modem for lightning-fast 5G connectivity
- Enhanced LPDDR5 3200MHz RAM + UFS 3.1 storage
- Variants: 8GB+128GB, 8GB+256GB
- 108MP wide-angle camera
- 1/1.33” sensor size, f/1.85, 7P lens – OIS, AF
- 0.8μm pixel size, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- 13MP ultra-wide-angle camera
- 123° FOV, f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP telemacro camera
- f/2.4, AF (3cm-10cm)
- 20MP in-display selfie camera
- 0.8μm pixel size, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- f/2.4 aperture
- Dual SIM, dual 5G standby
- Wi-Fi 6
- Multi-functional NFC and IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring
- Face unlock
- 4,600mAh (typ) battery
- 55W wired and 50W wireless fast charging
- 10W reverse wireless charging
- Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Hi-Res Audio Certification
- Hi-Res Audio Wireless Certification
Motor: X-axis linear vibration motor
System: MIUI 12 based on Android 10
Introducing MIUI 12.5
MIUI 12.5 is an intermediate update based on MIUI 12 with a strong focus on system optimizations. After a complete revamp of the system UI, its CPU usage was reduced by up to 22% while power consumption – by up to 15%, ensuring frictionless performance and graphics.
This is most visible in screen gestures that will now be smoother than ever. Gestures received a dedicated thread, making sure that no other tasks will interfere with them, and guaranteeing instant response.
Another highlight of MIUI 12.5 is uninstallable system apps. The vast majority of apps in the new system can be uninstalled, while a small number of apps that are engraved in the system core can be hidden.
The first batch of devices will start receiving the MIUI 12.5 update in Q2, 2021, it will include:
- Mi 10T
- Mi 10T Pro
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Pro
- Mi 11
The second wave will include 11 more Xiaomi devices.
Price and Availability
Starting at €749 (equivalent to SGD 1,203, not official local price), Mi 11 will be available globally soon.
Local pricing and availability will be announced at a later date. Stay tuned to Xiaomi’s official website and information portal.