There are even more reasons to take a Sentosa getaway this year-end, as Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC) rolls out two new limited-time offerings and a range of festive deals under its Make Time for a Holiday campaign.
Island Lights with Sanrio characters
From 12 December 2020 until 10 January 2021, bond with your family and loved ones while walking down memory lane at Sentosa’s festive beach light-up, Island Lights with Sanrio characters. Following the recent Phase 3 announcement, visitors can also make bookings for up to 8 persons for visits from 28 December 2020 onwards.
Featuring seven larger-than-life light installations on Siloso Beach, the fourth edition of Sentosa’s signature light-up is set to welcome favourites such as Hello Kitty, Pompompurin, My Melody and Little Twin Stars, as they whisk guests back to the past with classic icons from Sentosa over the years.
Choose to snap a wefie with Hello Kitty at a stylistic recreation of the Sentosa Gateway arch, against a colourful and photo-worthy backdrop of heart-shaped lights, or reminisce about the times at Fantasy Island with Little Twin Stars, amidst an eight-metre-tall installation of the former attraction’s colourful waterslides.
Alternatively, seek out My Melody at a whimsical mini-maze featuring past landmarks such as the Ferry Terminal, or chill out with Pompompurin at a re-creation of the ‘Siloso’ word block. Guests can also strike a pose alongside a 12-metre-long LED neon outline of loveable Sanrio characters.
Reserve your free visit to Island Lights with Sanrio characters
For an optimum viewing experience and to facilitate safe distancing, guests are required to reserve their visits to Island Lights with Sanrio characters. Guests may register up to five persons per visit, and can choose from three slots to visit every night:
- 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- 9:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Guests may make bookings up to five days in advance, with reservations for the first day of the event (12 December 2020) opening on 7 December 2020. On the day of the visit, head to Sapphire Pavilion along Siloso Beach, and present the reservation confirmation email with valid identification to enter Island Lights with Sanrio characters for free.
For more information on Island Lights with Sanrio characters, please visit here.
Fort Siloso – The Quest for Lost Gold
From 14 December 2020 until 10 January 2021, history buffs and families can look forward to exploring Sentosa’s first ever virtual escape room game set in Fort Siloso! Co-created with local game specialist, Lockdown.SG, Fort Siloso – The Quest for Lost Gold will see players solve puzzles, hunt for treasures and explore Singapore’s only preserved coastal fort.
With two different game modes, there will also be ‘real-world’ prizes to be won!
Freeplay game: Finders Keepers
While exploring the modern day Fort Siloso, you notice an old key sticking out of the soil. As you start to find more keys, you wonder if there could be a treasure chest left undiscovered by the pirates. Find all the keys that open the treasure chest to win exciting prizes!
- Through a 360-degree view, players will be able to explore Fort Siloso virtually and learn more about its history through interactive elements within the game.
- Collect all missing keys to unlock a treasure chest containing prizes such as a pair of Sentosa Fun Passes (10 Tokens).
- Targeted at players aged 12 and younger, Finders Keepers is available for virtual play anytime. For the optimal viewing experience, play the game on a desktop or tablet.
Facilitated game: Lost Treasure of Sarang Rimau
You have been ordered to evacuate with some fellow troopers. As you are preparing to evacuate, you discover an old package buried near a cannon. Written on it are clues to a pirates’ treasure chest discovered by one Private Joey when he first arrived in 1885 on Sarang Rimau, or the ‘Tiger’s den’. Can you find the treasure in time, before the boat leaves you behind?
- Players will have to work as a team to decipher hidden clues, solve puzzles, and navigate through a 360-degree virtual recreation of Fort Siloso, to find the treasure before the boat leaves in 60 minutes.
- Teams who successfully find the treasure and complete the game in the shortest time can look forward to winning attractive prizes.
- The top three teams with the best timings every week will win Sentosa Fun Passes, with each member receiving a Sentosa Fun Pass (60 Tokens) worth $60.
- Teams who have completed the game will also be entered into a lucky draw at the end of the event, and stand a chance to win a staycation package from The Barracks Hotel Sentosa, Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, or Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa.
- Tickets for the game are priced at $20 and can be purchased here or through this link. Players can register a team of up to six, including family and friends.
- Each game session lasts for one hour. There will be two sessions per day on weekdays, and 12 sessions per day every weekend and on public holidays.
- Targeted at youths and adults, Lost Treasure of Sarang Rimau will be facilitated by a Game Master via a video-conferencing call.
More festive year-end treats in Sentosa
Guests can also take advantage of a host of attractive deals to celebrate the festive season, including staycation packages bundled with activities on the island, scrumptious festive menus, and promotions at participating Sentosa attractions.
Admission into Sentosa is free until 31 December 2020, and guests can enjoy $5 off their Grab ride into the island using the promo code, ‘SentosaFun’.
For more information on Sentosa’s year-end festive treats, please visit here.