Samsung Electronics Singapore announces the addition of Galaxy Z Flip 5G to its portfolio of 5G-capable devices available in Singapore. The smartphone will deliver enhanced mobile experiences with ultra-fast 5G speeds with 5G networks rolled out progressively in Singapore.
The stylish and compact Galaxy Z Flip delivered on innovation and positive user experience. Now with 5G, the Galaxy Z Flip 5G brings lightning-fast speeds to the palm-sized foldable device. The device will come in two premium colours – Mystic Gray and Mystic Bronze – all encased in glass with a haze finish that is soft to the touch while minimising fingerprints.
Galaxy Z Flip 5G adds to Samsung’s Galaxy 5G portfolio including Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Note20 5G/Note20 Ultra 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE 5G and Tab S7+ 5G.
Galaxy Z Flip 5G
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G supports hyper-fast 5G connectivity without added bulk. Samsung added the components necessary to bring 5G connectivity to life while maintaining the Galaxy Z Flip’s sleek, bold form factor for ultimate portability.
To deliver on its 5G vision, Samsung has partnered telecommunication operator Singtel to demonstrate the early benefits of 5G to consumers. Singtel is the first in Singapore to harness the 3.5Hz spectrum to deliver ultra-fast speeds at low latency and improved bandwidth.
Improved Foldable Experience
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform. This new platform maximises the power of 5G with revved up performance to deliver faster and more efficient on-device processing with sharper imagery through improved graphics rendering.
Consumers can now get the best of the Galaxy Z Flip experience with the upgraded features found in the Galaxy Z Flip 5G:
- Flex mode – Easily and simultaneously view and control content with the Galaxy Z Flip’s custom-built user experience, which utilises its unique forward folding form factor. When the device is free-standing, the display automatically splits into two 4-inch screens so users can view content on the top half of the display and control the phone’s functions on the bottom half.
- YouTube with Flex mode – With Flex mode, users can enjoy their favourite YouTube channel hands-free. While streaming on the top half of the device, users can also browse, read descriptions, and comment on the bottom half. This is also bundled with four months of YouTube Premium with the Galaxy Z Flip 5G for an uninterrupted entertainment experience.
- Camera update with Flex mode – Whether it is capturing low-angle action videos or vibrant bird’s-eye view photos of delicious meal, simply double-tap in Flex mode to switch the camera’s preview window from the top to the bottom half of the device.
- Multitasking – Effortlessly multi-task with Multi-Active Window by using the Multi-Window Tray to drag and drop the apps that will be used.
- App Pair – Seamlessly open and access two apps at once using App Pair in the Multi-Window Tray. The Gallery and Messaging apps will open simultaneously when sharing photos with a friend to provide a seamless experience.
- Multi-window Tray – The Multi-Window Tray is now part of a more robust Edge Panel integration, for added convenience, providing access to more apps.
Availability and Pricing
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G will be available in Singapore from 31 October, Saturday at telecommunications operators (M1, Singtel and StarHub), Samsung Online Store, Samsung Experience Stores and major consumer electronics and IT stores including Best Denki, Challenger/Hachi, Courts, Gain City, Harvey Norman and KrisShop, at a recommended retail price of $1,998 (including GST).
Consumers who purchase Galaxy Z Flip 5G from Samsung Online Store, Samsung Experience Stores and major consumer electronics and IT stores will receive one complimentary pair of Galaxy Buds Live in Mystic Bronze worth $288, while stocks last. T&Cs apply.
A Z Flip 5G Clear Cover (transparent) worth $48 accessory will also be available to complement the device.
For more information about the Galaxy Z Flip 5G, please visit here.