Huawei announces the latest HUAWEI P40 Pro+, HUAWEI P40 Pro and HUAWEI P40, the new HUAWEI P40 Series flagship smartphones featuring cutting-edge designs with ground-breaking camera innovations that radically expand mobile photography and video capture possibilities.
The HUAWEI P40 Pro and HUAWEI P40 Pro+ are equipped with the HUAWEI Quad-curve Overflow Display. The display takes on a demi bullnose edge on all four sides, creating a shape that is reminiscent of water on the cusp of overflowing from the rim of a cup.
The super-narrow bezels and streamlined round corners ensure a near borderless look that provides an immersive viewing experience and ergonomic hold, while an improved in-screen fingerprint scanner offers 30 per cent faster biometric authentication.
The HUAWEI P40 Pro and HUAWEI P40 are available in three glossy glass finishes:
- Ice White
- Deep-Sea Blue and Black
- Blush Gold and Silver Frost
HUAWEI P40 Pro+ features an exquisite nano-tech ceramic back panel that is kilned and polished to ensure it stands the test of time with incredible durability. This unique design comes in two iconic colours: White Ceramic and Black Ceramic.
All-day Super Definition photography
Embedded in the HUAWEI P40 Series is the advanced Ultra Vision Leica camera system, available in triple-camera, quad-camera and penta-camera configurations.
- HUAWEI P40 – delivers outstanding photographic results with ultra-wide-angle, wide-angle and telephoto lenses.
- HUAWEI P40 Pro – features an evolution of the Leica Quad Camera with a more powerful Ultra Wide Cine Camera and ToF Camera alongside 50x SuperSensing Zoom.
- HUAWEI P40 Pro+ lets consumers see the unprecedented with the SuperZoom Array, which supports 10x true optical zoom and 100x maximum digital zoom.
The HUAWEI Ultra Vision Sensor included in the full HUAWEI P40 Series is Huawei’s largest CMOS sensor to date. Measuring 1/1.28 inches diagonally, it supports pixel binning to achieve a pixel size of 2.44μm and Full Pixel Octa PD AutoFocus for high-speed focus at any time of day, while the HUAWEI XD Fusion Engine integrates and processes data from multiple cameras to generate a comprehensive improvement in picture quality.
HUAWEI P40 Pro brings faraway subjects up close with 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x maximum digital zoom. For the first time ever, the 5x Optical Telephoto Camera in the HUAWEI P40 Pro includes an RYYB colour filter array to boost light intake and improve quality of zoomed shots.
HUAWEI P40 Pro+ has a 100x SuperZoom Array with a new periscope design that reflects light five times, extending the light path by 178 per cent to support 10x true optical zoom. The optically stabilised Ultra Vision Wide Camera and SuperZoom Array work in tandem with AI to realise Triple OIS+AIS for vastly improved photo and video stabilisation.
Skin tone and texture are faithfully reproduced by a new Multi-spectrum Colour Temperature Sensor and AI AWB algorithm that boosts colour accuracy by 45 per cent. Deep learning algorithms provide real-time portrait optimisations that enhance lighting and detail.
HUAWEI P40 Pro and HUAWEI P40 Pro+ have a 32MP AF Camera and IR Depth Camera that support autofocus and Bokeh reproduction to deliver the same outstanding portrait effects that are signature to Huawei devices, as well as IR Face Unlock for device unlock even in low light conditions.
HUAWEI P40 Series also introduces HUAWEI Golden Snap, which includes AI Best Moment, a new smart photography feature that chooses the best frames from a Moving Picture. AI Remove Passerby and AI Remove Reflection can do away with unwanted subjects and glare from the frame, allowing users to easily enhance their images after the fact.
A powerful pocket-sized video camera
The 40MP Ultra Wide Cine Camera in HUAWEI P40 Pro and HUAWEI P40 Pro+ has a focal length that is equivalent to 18mm and a 1/1.54-inch sensor supporting the 3:2 aspect ratio. SedecimPixel Fusion Technology is built into this camera to support 16-in-1 pixel binning, producing superpixels that measure 4.48μm to boost light sensitivity up to ISO51200 and enable 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture.
HUAWEI P40 Series supports real-time Bokeh effects for videos. Similar to the results of a wide aperture lens, this feature adds progressive Bokeh to help highlight the main subject of the footage. The telephoto camera can capture high-quality zoom footage as well as 4K time-lapse videos.
Directional Audio Zoom, available on HUAWEI P40 Pro and HUAWEI P40 Pro+, allows users to zoom in on an audio source and amplify its sound at the same time.
An all-connected 5G powerhouse
The HUAWEI P40 Series is powered by Kirin 990 5G to deliver integrated 5G connectivity with the most comprehensive 5G band support.
- 90Hz panel – Taking display responsiveness and gaming experience to the next level by the upgraded graphics rendering engine
- 160MHz Wi-Fi 6 Plus technology – high-speed connectivity with support for 2,400Mbps peak theoretical transmission speed.
- 40W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge – available on the HUAWEI P40 Pro+, for fast and convenient charging.
- 4-in-1 SuperCool system – available on the HUAWEI P40 Pro+, thermal headroom to deliver exceptional performance by the advanced cooling systems
- EMUI 10.1 operating system – introduces a host of new features that enable a richer, more seamless AI life.
- HUAWEI MeeTime – supports 1080p Full HD video call on Huawei smartphones, tablets and the HUAWEI Vision TV and delivers clear picture quality even in low light or weak signal conditions.
- Huawei Share – facilitates high-speed file transfer between the smartphone and other devices such as tablets and PCs. With Huawei Share on the HUAWEI P40 Series, consumers can stream music to a smart speaker, initiate screen projection and connect to Wi-Fi by tapping the device they want to connect to with their phone.
- Multi-screen Collaboration – allows users to easily answer video or voice calls hands-free directly through the PC and open files and hyperlinks on the smartphone with native PC applications for enhanced productivity.
Huawei P40 Full Specification
Huawei P40 Pro Full Specification
Pricing and availability
Customers can now make a pre-order till 3 April 2020 through the official channels listed below and enjoy a free premium bundle worth up to S$562, while stocks last:
The HUAWEI P40 Series will be available for sale islandwide from 4 April 2020 at all Huawei Concept Stores:
Major Telco Outlets:
Selected consumer electronic stores:
Huawei official online stores:
Customers of the HUAWEI P40 Series will also enjoy Prestige Care services which include:
- One year door-to-door repair pick-up and delivery service
- Two-year warranty coverage
- Three months of screen insurance, terms and conditions apply
Alongside the HUAWEI P40 Series, Huawei also launched the HUAWEI WATCH GT2e, HUAWEI Sound X and the latest Spring/Summer 2020 HUAWEI X GENTLE MONSTER Eyewear, further enriching its product portfolio of all-scenario products.