Consisting of 333 islands, the alluring Fiji archipelago offers endless lagoons, gently swaying palm trees and the most perfect blue stretching from sky to sea. You’d be spoiled for choice to find tranquil and breath-taking spots all around Fiji when you’re on a trip there.
There’s something for everyone that will either make you feel welcome, or ecstatic to be in this tropical paradise. Here out top picks of activities for both newcomers and returning visitors, to introduce Fiji’s wonder and beauty as the ideal destination for a holiday!
Pristine beaches, soft sand and towering palms frame crystal clear blue waters across Fiji’s multitude of islands, and there’s so much you can do – that you’re bound to find an island that’s perfect for yourself.
- Denarau Island – has a range of brand resorts, tasty family-friendly restaurants and activities that will surely make your stay at Fiji the plushest it can be.
- Taveuni Island – Fiji’s renowned Garden Island to see lush jungles, gorgeous beaches, secluded waterfalls and abundant wildlife that highlights its natural wonder.
- Malamala Beach Club – located on its very own island. Surrounded by crystal clear blue waters, with white beaches, a resort-style infinity pool, and a sweeping view of the Mamanuca Islands, Malamala Beach Club gives you the very best of island life coupled with delicious food and drinks. Located only 25 minutes away from Port Denarau.
Often referred to as the soft coral capital of the world, the waters around Fiji are filled with tapestries of corals, shoals of multihued fishes and majestic sea creatures like manta rays and reef sharks. With over 1000 species of fish and several hundred types of coral and sponges nestled in its blue waters, Fiji offers a unique experience for snorkelling, diving and swimming amongst the fishes.
Nukubati Island is “the island” on Fiji that brings you close to nature. Take a short boat ride out to the Great Sea Reef where you can peer at a kaleidoscope of corals and vivid marine life. Corals sit just below the surface within arm’s reach, letting you see, feel and touch them just cruising on the surface.
3. Fijians Village Tour
Be it in the heartlands of the main island of Viti Levu, or far out across the sea on another remote island, a village visit hosted by Fijians will always make you feel welcome. Fijians keep their tradition alive, so take a look into some of their customs to get acquainted with their culture, and dive deeper into the authentic Fijian way of life.
Take it a step further with a stay at the picturesque village of Navala, nestled deep into the grassy mountains next to the Ba river further away from the bustle of the main town where the residents of the quaint village live in bures built with bamboo and timber.
4. Off the Beaten Track
Delve deeper into Fiji’s more remote islands this time round, explore its wild side and channel your adventurous spirit.
- Kadavu – one of the least developed islands in the archipelago, find unspoiled beauty in every nook and cranny away from the bustle of the crowd.
- Nausori Highlands – located deep in the heart of Fiji’s main island Viti Levu, the island offers unparalleled views, complete with cascading waterfalls and sweeping scenery to make your trip to Fiji even more unique and memorable.
With all these activities, it’s so easy to explore the adventure and revel in Fiji’s natural beauty. No matter how long you’re there, or who you’ll visit Fiji with, it will surely promise and give a top-tier experience for your holiday.