Sentosa’s guests will soon discover Siloso Beach in a whole new light when it transforms into the calming and captivating Magical Shores at Siloso every night, starting 23 January 2020.
Featuring vivid light, sound, and mist effects across a 400-metre stretch of Siloso Beach, Magical Shores at Siloso will leverage Sentosa’s beach assets to bring two islets to life, as well as novel interactive areas where guests immerse themselves in soothing sounds of the island and interact with light art on the sands.
Magical Shores at Siloso is Singapore’s first multi-sensory, interactive beach light art attraction. Taking centre stage are two islets across the waters, which will be bathed in lights, dreamy fog, and tranquil music to transport guests to an ethereal island. Watch the trees come alive as a relaxing light and sound symphony accentuate the raw beauty of the natural landscape.
Guests can also look forward to interacting with light art on the sands, inspired by diverse elements ranging from water flow to marine creatures. As part of the four acts, guests will also be treated to a three-minute flourish of multi-coloured projections lighting up the night sky every 15 minutes.
Magical Shores at Siloso will run from 7:30 PM to 10:30 PM all year round, offering guests a relaxing and “Instagrammable” getaway after a day of fun or a hard day’s work.
Getting to Magical Shores at Siloso
From 23 January 2020 to 9 February 2020, guests can use the code “SentosaSpring” to enjoy $5 off their Grab ride. The code is valid until 8 PM daily and limited redemptions are available. The nearest Grab Pick-Up and Drop-Off point is at Beach Station.
From Beach Station, simply stroll or hop on the free Beach Shuttles to get to Magical Shores at Siloso.
Guests can also reach Beach Station via the following travel modes:
- Stroll in for free via the Sentosa Boardwalk. Once in Sentosa, guests enjoy free travel on the Sentosa Express and Sentosa’s Beach Shuttles.
- Take the Sentosa Express from VivoCity, Level 3. Selected TransitLink concession cardholders enjoy 50% off the transport fare.
- Take SBS Transit’s Service 123 and alight at Beach Station. Only the prevailing distance-based bus fare applies and no island admission fee is charged.
- Drive in via the Sentosa Gateway for $2 after 5 PM, and park at Beach Station (Parking fee: at $0.02/min before 5 PM, $2.40 per entry from 5 PM – 7 AM).
Among other leisure offerings that have recently been launched for Sentosa’s evening crowd are the:
- Rumours Beach Club from Bali
- 1-V:U at The Outpost Hotel
- Asian Night Market: Taiwan Food Festival featuring Ningxia Night Market (16 January to 9 February 2020)
Guests can also enjoy other after-dusk leisure experiences in Sentosa, with the majority of food and beverage establishments and close to a third of the island’s attractions open until 9 PM or later.
In addition, SDC recently wrapped up its third iteration of Island Lights, featuring interactive light art installations by local and international artists at Sentosa Cove Village.
Upcoming day-to-night offerings include Stacks at Siloso, a new lifestyle enclave comprising food and beverage establishments, attractions, and event spaces. When opened, the mixed-use container development, located at the western end of the island, will also feature magnificent waterfront and harbour views for guests.
For more information, please visit here.