Qatar Airways wowed the crowds on showcases two of its newest aircraft during the opening day of the Kuwait Aviation Show, alongside announcing new destination plans for 2020.
The new routes will expand Qatar Airways’ operations to 177 destinations around the world, reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most connected airlines, as well as ensuring it continues to provide passengers with more options and flexibility when planning their business and leisure travel.
- Trabzon, Turkey – Three weekly flights (starting 20 May 2020)
- Lyon, France – Five weekly flights (starting 23 June 2020)
- Luanda, Angola – Four weekly flights (starting 14 October 2020)
- Siem Reap, Cambodia – Five weekly flights (starting 16 November 2020)
- Cebu, Philippines – Three weekly flights (starting 8 April 2020)
- Accra, Ghana – Daily flights (starting 15 April 2020)
- Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan – Two weekly flights (starting 30 March 2020)
- Almaty, Kazakhstan – Two weekly flights starting 1 April 2020, increasing to four weekly flights from 25 May 2020
Qatar Airways was named ‘World’s Best Airline’ by the 2019 World Airline Awards, managed by Skytrax. It was also named ‘Best Airline in the Middle East’, ‘World’s Best Business Class’, and ‘Best Business Class Seat’, in recognition of its ground-breaking Business Class experience, Qsuite. It is the only airline to have been awarded the coveted ‘Skytrax Airline of the Year’ title, which is recognised as the pinnacle of excellence in the airline industry, five times.
Qatar Airways currently operates a modern fleet of more than 250 aircraft via its hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA), to more than 160 destinations worldwide.