LEGO is ushering in the new year with the launch of two brand new 2020 Chinese New Year sets. Fans of the popular building block innovator can now get their hands on the newest Chinese New Year Festival Special edition sets:
LEGO Lion Dance (RRP$119.90)
The LEGO Lion Dance features 5 immaculately created lion figurines and even features a percussionists’ stage with a real-life drumming function. Rounding out the set is a temple gate adorned with traditional patterns and over a dozen additional items commonly seen during the event.
LEGO Chinese New Year Temple Fair (RRP $179.90)
The LEGO Chinese New Year Temple Fair set includes stalls displaying a vast, colourful array of LEGO versions of authentic items including 14 minifigures and a special LEGO Minifigure family.
Sets are available now and can be purchased from LEGO Certified Stores and participating outlets across Singapore.
In addition to the release of the sets, the brand is bringing the famous bricks to life, with its first-ever large-scale LEGO Chinese New Year Event at Jem. From 3 January to 9 February 2020, you can come to build, snap or simply view multiple life-sized structures based on the CNY festival sets and a LEGO diorama, all themed especially for the celebratory season.
Consumers who spend over $38 on LEGO at Jem (including spend at atrium) will get a “Mission card” and upon completion of all the activities (complete 2 activities on weekdays & 3 activities on weekends), will receive a Mystery polybag.
Other fun to look forward to will include:
- Get Together with Play: For the first weekend only (January 3 – 5), LEGO invites Singaporeans to come together and build Singapore’s biggest CNY Giant Rat to celebrate the Year of the Rat.
- LEGO Rat Building Competition: Team up with your kids, friends or family and come together to race against the time for this build. There will be weekly winners to walk home with prizes worth up to more than $200 each week.
- Drum Up the Lion: Build the LEGO Traditional Drum and beat it in front of the sleeping lion to awaken it from its slumber.
- Creative LEGO Shadow Play: Tell your story through your very own shadow puppet play that is only available during the weekends.
- LEGO Wishing Tree: Pick a LEGO Brick card to represent your wish from career to health, study, family, wealth, love and much more.
- LEGO Give the Gift of Play: Spend a minimum of $88 on any LEGO playsets at L1 Jem Atrium to receive a “Give the Gift of Play” lucky drawcard. Wish for any LEGO sets this CNY, and LEGO will randomly fulfil 5 wishes at the end of the event.
- LEGO Mascot Meet & Greet: Catch LEGO NINJAGO Kai mascot on Saturday and Sunday to snap a photo and collect your CNY red packets with LEGO bricks from him,
Exclusive Bundle Deals & Gifts!
LEGO is offering exclusive event promos during the celebration:
- 3 – 5 January – early-birds can purchase an event exclusive Chinese New Year bundle containing both the new CNY sets and limited-edition LEGO Traditional Drum & LEGO Candy Box for S$299.
- Purchase any LEGO sets over $98 at the event (excluding CNY sets) can choose an event-exclusive limited-edition gift with purchase between LEGO Traditional Drum and LEGO Candy Box (while stocks last).
- Spend over $88 on LEGO sets (excluding CNY sets) anywhere across Singapore and receive a limited-edition LEGO Year of the Rat (40355) set as a gift with purchase (while stocks last).
- Spend $238 or more on any products in Jem and show a total of 3 combined receipts to redeem a limited-edition LEGO Peach Flower Pot gift set, to be picked up from the mall concierge.
- Exclusive Discounts are available at the Chinese New Year atrium from January 3 to February 9, with select sets at $38, $68 & $88 – over 37% off regular set prices as well as a limited-stock Prosperity Bag (worth $179.90), for only $88 (while stocks last).
Visit the LEGO Singapore website, LEGO Singapore Facebook or LEGO Certified Store (Bricks World) website for more information on the LEGO Chinese New Year sets, the LEGO Chinese New Year Event, as well as their latest offerings and promotions.