Grab announces the launch of GrabPay Card – Asia’s first numberless card powered by Mastercard. It offers users improved card security, access to an expanded rewards ecosystem and hassle-free Grab payments integration, bringing cashless convenience to Southeast Asia.
Customers can apply for the coveted physical numberless cards in Singapore after activating their digital cards. The physical cards will be rolled out in batches.
As Asia’s first numberless card, the GrabPay Card is designed to address major security concerns users associate with transacting both online and offline. The physical card is completely numberless, front and back, thus averting the prospect of theft of personal and financial information.
If you’re already a user of our GrabPay wallet, details of your card are stored securely within the Grab app, where an in-app lock card function that is PIN-protected allows users to instantly suspend payments in the unfortunate situation when they lose their card.
In addition, the GrabPay Card offers an additional layer of protection with 3DSecure technology to protect users from online fraud.
More benefits for GrabPay Card users
With GrabPay Card, users can look forward to enhanced benefits (terms and condition apply) including:
- Mobile protection insurance for your phone against accidental damage or theft when you pay your monthly mobile bill via GrabPay Card.
- E-commerce protection for incomplete delivery or if wrong/defective products are delivered when you make online purchases with GrabPay Card;
- Flight delay passes for up to two registered flights per the calendar year where users can enjoy complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges across 100 countries if they face delays for more than two hours.
Earn GrabRewards anywhere in the world
With GrabPay Card, users can make purchases at nearly 53 million merchants worldwide that accept Mastercard cards while receiving competitive foreign exchange rates which is reflected in-app. Grab users can also earn GrabRewards points at the point of transaction.
As part of a limited launch promotion period, the GrabPay Card will reward users with up to 10x GrabRewards points per every dollar spent. These points can be used to redeem GrabRewards offers anywhere in Southeast Asia.
Integrate GrabPay Card with Samsung Pay
Users can add their digital GrabPay Card to their Samsung Pay wallet and make offline payments by tapping their device at any NFC-enabled terminal.
Reinventing the GrabPay Wallet
The new GrabPay app interface will be rolled out in phases in Singapore starting December, followed by the Philippines in Q1 2020.
How to get your GrabPay Card
- Grab users in Singapore must first activate their digital GrabPay Cards by completing a customer verification process. Users can link their MyInfo Singpass account or input their details manually within the Grab app.
- After verification, users can use their digital GrabPay Card, linked to their GrabPay balance in their wallet to make purchases online, in-app, or pay offline merchants using Samsung Pay.
- They can then apply for the physical numberless card in-app. The physical GrabPay card will be rolled out in batches.
To learn more about GrabPay Card and the improved GrabPay, visit here.