alvinology | Aug 14, 2019 | 0
LEGO to launch the biggest LEGO Jurassic World T. Rex Set in Singapore this 6 July
LEGO Model Designer Mark Stafford is setting sail from LEGOtopia in Billund, Denmark, to launch the Jurassic World Jurassic Park: T. Rex Rampage set in Singapore on 6 July 2019.
Inspired by the Jurassic World franchise, the much-anticipated 3,120-piece collectables set features the original Jurassic Park gate and a large, fully posable, brick-built T. rex. The beloved buildable dinosaur measures 22cm high and 69cm long, making this model LEGO’s biggest brick-built T. rex to date. The iconic model also has snapping jaws and a posable head, arms, legs and tail, allowing fans new and old to immerse themselves in a truly dinomite experience.
Event: Official Launch of LEGO Jurassic World Jurassic Park: T. Rex Rampage and private signing by Mark Stafford
Time: 10 AM media exclusive (the signing will be open to the public from 10:30 AM)
Venue: LEGO certified store, NEX, #04-52/53, 23 Serangoon Central, Singapore
Paying Homage to the Original Jurassic Park
Fans of the Jurassic franchise will be excited to discover many original favourites from the Jurassic franchise, which began in 1993 with Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park. Hidden behind the iconic gate are several vignettes, nods to famous scenes and features from the film series.
Related Post: Have a lavish affair this Christmas with an ultra-luxurious $100,000 Festive Hamper by Sofitel
These include the toilet where Donald Gennaro runs to during the T. rex attack, the control room with a mini chair, printed keyboard tiles and stickered monitors, and the presence of a frog in the T. rex which draws parallels with the behemoth’s frog DNA in the movies.
Beloved Jurassic Park Characters
The latest collectable set also includes six mini figures from the Jurassic universe. Each figure is thoughtfully designed in costumes that call to mind their human characters from the big screen.
- Ian Malcolm – designed with a tourniquet wrapped with a belt from when he was injured during the T. Rex attack.
- Ray Arnold – designed in his lab coat with printing of his badge and the Jurassic Park logo.
- John Hammond – designed in his white shirt, pants and a tan hat. He has an amber-top cane as an accessory.
- Ellie Sattler – designed in her pink shirt that is tied in the front and a pair of brown shorts.
- Alan Grant – designed in his iconic blue shirt and a pair of tan pants. He also has a claw piece to represent the raptor claw fossil that he keeps on him.
- Dennis Nedry – designed with his yellow rain jacket that is complete with the Jurassic Park logo.
Stafford will officially launch the set on 6 July 2019 and is inviting the first 200 buyers to a private signing on the day at the LEGO certified store at NEX Singapore.